These New Year’s Eve Appetizers are my absolute favourite finger food recipes that I have posted along the time, recipes that I can never have enough of; and would be a brilliant choice for the most awaited party of the year. These are starters for all tastes, including vegetarian options.
It sounds like a cliché already, but how time flies! I cannot believe that this year is almost gone, how did this happen? I am not sure if soon I’ll be one year wiser, let’s just leave it to one year older only. Whether it was a successful year or not, a happy one or not, there is always that hope for a better year. And, of course, we have the New Year’s resolutions to worry about later on.
But, for now, let’s just enjoy the company of our dearest and nearest, and, of course, the delicious finger foods we have ready for the special moments. Each link will take you to my original recipe, enjoy and I hope you’ll have a wonderful party!
Happy New Year!
- Mini Yorkshire Pudding Canapés– inspired by the famous English Yorkshire puddings, these bites not only look impressive, but taste amazingly delicious too. No mess, no fuss, the best finger food for the most awaited party of the year.
- Smoked Salmon Blini Canapes – the perfect party food for your New Year’s Eve. Delicious homemade blinis topped with silky cream, cucumber, smoked salmon and a touch of lemon; can’t think of a better appetizer for such a big party. And they cost a lot less than the store-bought version.
- Italian Tomato Bruschetta – a posh and tasty Italian starter for any occasion. It might look simple, but it’s heavenly flavourful and tasty. Fresh tomatoes, black olives, parmesan and basil, what a winning combination!
- Pan-Fried Chinese Dumplings with Shrimp and Pork – the best Asian-style dumplings.They are a fantastic appetizer for any party, and can be ready in about 15-20 minutes. And bonus point, they taste exactly like the ones served in a Chinese restaurant.
- Smoked Salmon Pâté Appetizers– if you like smoked salmon, you will love these delicate appetizers. They are incredibly tasty, and super easy to make. No one will believe that the smoked salmon pâté is made from scratch at home. It is made only with fresh ingredients, and can be prepared quickly just before the party.
- Baked Chicken Nuggets – crispy, hot, sinfully tasty. And ready in just 30 minutes. An easy recipe that goes well with the whole family, including picky eaters. They might be an every day food, but they taste fabulous, minus all the nastiness found in ready-made, deep-fried nuggets.
- Baked Italian Meatballs – a fantastic appetizer for your New Year’s Eve Party. A lot healthier than the fried meatballs, but so juicy, flavourful, and as quickly to make. Serve them with a nice tomato sauce, or just on their own with lots of grated parmesan and fresh parsley. A big winner for any party.
- Extra Crispy Baked Chicken Wings – the perfect finger food for the most important party of the year. A lot healhier than the fried ones, these wings are absolutely delicious.They are perfect to feed a crowd, and can be made just before the party, to be enjoyed with any sauce you like.
- Mini Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls – an impressive bite-sized party appetizer for a crowd. A lot lighter than the traditional sausage rolls, but so flavourful and easy to make. These turkey sausage rolls are great served either cold or hot.
- Simple Deviled Eggs – they might be easy to make, but they are fail-proof and sure to impress anyone at the party. The classic appetizers are definitely one of my favourite party finger food. Perfect for any occasion, all year round.
- Spinach Roll Ups with Ham and Cream Cheese – with a spinach sponge, silky cream cheese and ham slices, these starters are a great vegetarian option for any party. They are super tasty, and so easy to make too.
- Homemade Chicken Liver Pâté– a delicious cold appetizer to feed a crowd. It has a smooth, creamy texture and it goes very well with any kind of bread, crackers, breadsticks and more. My homemade version has no alcohol in it, and can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Spanakopita Triangles – a superb Greek appetizer that even spinach haters will adore. Delicious either warm or cold, they will go down a treat with every single guest. They made the perfect finger food for your New Year’s Eve party, so why not give them a try?
- Puff Pastry Pinwheels with Ham and Cheese – Easy to make, with a delicate smokey flavour, these bites will not last long on the plate. Make sure you grab one before they are gone! Plus, they are ridiculously easy to make, and they use only a few simple ingredients that are also cheap.
- Butternut Squash Risotto Balls – these Italian arancini are a great choice when it comes to easy appetizers for parties. They make a nice, mess-free finger food to please even fussy tummies. Plus, if you like Italian food, these bites are the perfect choice for you.
- Chicken Satay Skewers With Crunchy Peanut Butter Sauce – an Asian-inspired appetizer that bursts with amazing flavours. The peanut butter sauce is finger-licking good, and taste like heaven. Why settle for the not-so-tasty store version, when you can make your own fabulous chicken skewers at home!
- Mayo Eggplant Dip Canapés – a fantastic appetizer for your New Year’s Eve Party or any other occasion. Finger food at its best! I absolutely love it, it’s light, it’s yummy, and so easy to make.
- Easy Shrimp Tempura Roll (Homemade Sushi) – or the best homemade sushi. Quick and easy to make, and as tasty as the real deal. These low-calorie bites are the perfect party food for any occasion. And bonus point, you can choose what ingredients go into them, so you know you have the bites that you best like.
- Leftover Mashed Potato Balls – sinfully golden and crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. These potato bites are simply delicious, and ridiculously easy to make. If you don’t happen to have leftover mash, you can use ready-made one too, or make it fresh at home.
- Mini Toad in the Hole Appetizers – or Mini Yorkshire Puddings with Sausages, some excellent Christmas finger food, or even some fancy New Year’s Eve appetizers for a crowd. They are super easy to make, and really delicious.
- Black Olive Tapenade Recipe – the ultimate party appetizer that is so quick and easy to make, but so big on flavours. The tapenade is made with black olives, anchovies, capers, dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, and blended together to create a simple, but delicious dip for every occasion.Serve it with crostini or bruschetta, or just some simple toast. Ready in less than 5 minutes.
- Crispy Oatmeal Cookies– with rosemary and caraway seeds, delicious savoury cookies that are just perfect for the cheese board. Serve them with your favourite cheese, jam, or a handful of fruit, and you can get the party started. These oat biscuits can also be enjoyed on their own as a healthy snack.
- Easy Baba Ganoush Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free) – a cold appetizer for any party. It’s super delicious, and, as a bonus point, it’s vegan, gluten free and low carb too, which means everybody gets to enjoy it.
- Easy Brie and Cranberry Bites– made with puff pastry and a touch of rosemary, a spectacular appetizer for your Christmas and New Year’s Eve Party. Super easy to make, these canapés are the best party food for the festive season.
- Spinach Pinwheels with Ricotta – a delicious afterschool snack that is ready in about 30 minutes. Super simple to make, and delicious, these pinwheels are a favourite with my family. Toddler-approved bites.
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roll– a delicious appetizzer for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. It’s beautifully moist, and and easy to put together, and as an added bonus, it’s low carb, high protein, gluten free and low in calories (only 473 calories the whole roll).
- Tuna Dip – with cream cheese, spring onions, and a lemon kick. It’s ready in less than 5 minutes, and can be served either with crackers, or as a spread with crostini or a simple toast. Quick, tasty, perfect for a hungry crowd.
These are the appetizers I think will be the star of the New Year’s Eve Party. They can be made in advance, and served cold at the party. No need to spend a fortune on food, just bring the drinks, the rest can be made at home. Enjoy the party!
If you’ve liked my NEW YEAR’S EVE APPETIZERS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.