Smoked Salmon Pâté with cream cheese and a delicate lemon and dill flavour, the perfect appetizer for every party. Delicious, yet so simple to make with minimal preparation, this pate can either be spread on crackers, crostini or bagels, or served in some pretty puff pastry cups. Perfect for entertainment, so much better than the store-bought version.
You know me already, I am a big fan of smoked salmon. There might be people who don't agree with raw fish, or fish in general, but I think it's absolutely delicious. And smoked salmon appetizers or starters are the very best.
The combination smoked salmon and cream cheese is one a a kind. The salty smoked fish, creamy and rich cheese, you can never go with it. And you know what works brilliantly well with this combo? Fresh dill. It has a delicate aroma that totally transforms any dish.
Again, dill might be a herb that not everybody loves. The flavour is quite unique, delicate, but strong enough to be tasted, even if you add only a small amount. I love using dill in potato and chicken dishes, especially some nice and light stews.
But with fish, the dill works so well, just because it takes away that "fishy" smell that some people might find too strong.
- smoked salmon
- full-fat cream cheese - it works a lot better than the lighter version
- lemon juice - for a fresh kick
- chopped fresh dill
- green onion
- black pepper - to taste
And the good news is that you only need to throw all the ingredients in a blender, blitz well to a smooth consistency, and job done! You have it ready in a few minutes!
I used the same amount of smoked salmon and cream cheese, but you can use less cream cheese for a deeper pinkish colour, and a stronger "fishy" taste. Add the same amount or more cream cheese if you want the pâté creamier.
What to serve with salmon pate
Now, you can serve it with anything you like, from crackers to bread sticks, homemade croutons or store-bought puff pastry vol-au-vents.
How to store the pate
The smoked salmon pâté can be kept in the fridge until you are ready to have it, it's always a good idea to make it at least a few hours in advance actually so that it can be nice and cool, it tastes tons better this way.
And there you have it, the perfect appetizer. You only need to get the party started now, and get some booze, in case you like it. Fun and laughter will come for sure. And some seriously nice bites that everybody will demolish.
Other pate recipes
If you’ve liked my HOMEMADE SMOKED SALMON PATE or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Smoked Salmon Pâté
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 100 g full-fat cream cheese
- lemon juice from ¼ lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ green onion
- black pepper to taste
- Chop the spring onion and dill and add them to a food processor together with the cream cheese and smoked salmon.
- Blitz for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how smooth you like the texture.
- Add the lemon juice and season with black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until it's ready to be used.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.
- Now, you can serve it with anything you like, from crackers to bread sticks, homemade croutons or store-bought puff pastry vol-au-vents.