Ham and Cheese Pinwheels with puff pastry, a fancy appetizer for any family gathering, party or picnic. Easy to make, with a delicate flavour, these bites will not last long on the plate. Make sure you grab one before they are gone!
Don't you just love it when you can come up with some nice dishes without putting too much effort into it? Especially when you have a rather long list of other goodies to bake and you wonder if you'll ever finish on time.
Let's be honest, parties can be exhausting if you don't plan them properly, especially if we think of the very important ones like Christmas and New Year, not to mention birthdays.
But, yes, they are the best times, when you get to spend time with the nearest and dearest and enjoy all the yummy stuff. But before you have time to relax, lots to do. Way too much!!!
If you like these pinwheels, how about a vegetarian version with Ricotta and Spinach? They are equally delicious, and as easy to make.
- ready-rolled puff pastry - or a puff pastry block
- gouda cheese - slices, or any other sliced cheese
- deli ham - or leftover ham, thinly sliced
- butter - melted
- chopped parsley
The choices are endless: chicken, turkey, tomato sauce and veggies, and you can some nice pizza pinwheels, pesto, cream cheese, strawberries, and so much more. They can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack, those little tummies won't have enough of them.
Step-by-step photos and instructions
It's a super simple process that requires only 5 basic ingredients:
- spread out the ready-rolled puff pastry
- arrange one layer of ham and one of cheese
- roll it into a sausage lengthwise, then cut into slices
- mix the melted butter with chopped parlsey, and brush each pinwheel with the butter mixture
- bake at 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes until golden
If you happen to have leftover ham, that would do too, just slice it thinly so rolling can be easier. You can also replace the ham with turkey or chicken, it's all up to you. Otherwise, just enjoy the party, the food is amazing!
Kids will particularly like these pinwheels, and you can make them with pretty much any filling, either sweet or savoury.
A delicious choice when you are stuck and don't know what else to cook, and there you have, some yummy pinwheels in less than 30 minutes.
Other ham and cheese recipes
If you’ve liked my HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 ready-rolled puff pastry
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Roll the puff pastry on the work surface.
- Arrange the ham slices, then the cheese slices on top.
- Roll into a big sausage lenghtwise, then cut into 15 pinwheels
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Melt the butter and add the chopped parsley to it, then brush each pinwheel with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- If you happen to have leftover ham, that would do too, just slice it thinly so rolling can be easier. You can also replace the ham with turkey or chicken, it's all up to you. Otherwise, just enjoy the party, the food is amazing!