Fresh Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream and Pimm's, a quick and easy dessert with a touch of alcohol. Impress your guests with a simple, but utterly delicious treat that is refreshing and so flavourful. Pretty healthy too.
It is safe to say that this is a grown-up treat rather than a kids' one. Although the amount of alcohol is very low, it's still alcohol, so, if you are looking for a kids' treat, leave the pimm's out and just use all the other ingredients.
Fruit salads are the very best on a hot summer's day. They are full of colour and flavour, they are refreshing and healthy, and bonus point, they can be ready in no time. And they look pretty spectacular too, so they can be served as a posh dessert for every occasion.
And it's not just a summer dessert, it can be enjoyed after any feast throughout the year. Think of any big celebrations and the massive amounts of food on the table- a lighter dessert is perfect after such gargantuan feasts.
And the good thing is that we can use any seasonal fruit we have, no need to buy specific fruits to make a salad, the ones in season are the best because that means the fruits used are naturally sweet and you get the most flavour.
How to make fruit salad with whipped cream
It might seem ridiculous that there is such a thing as a recipe for a fruit salad. After all, it is mainly just about chopping some fruit up and mixing them together. But still, you can add some more ingredients to make it extra yummy.
- chop up the larger fruit - strawberries, bananas, kiwis, the smaller ones: grapes and blueberries can go in whole - if the grapes are rather large, you can also half or quarter them
- you can either add the pimm's as it is, or make it sweeter by adding a teaspoon of sugar to it to make it into a syrup
- squirt the cream on top and top with a cherry - if you don't have squirty cream, whip up the cream until it holds stiff peaks
- serve immediately
Tips and tricks
Fruit salads can be a healthy snack no matter the age. Kids only need chopped fruit mixed together, and that's a brilliant way of boosting their vitamin intake in a healthy way.
Adding cream and alcohol is just a cheekier way of presenting a dessert for grown-ups, but it can, of course, be enjoyed without. If you don't have Pimm's, Limoncello, Malibu or Rum can make a good substitute too.
Whipped cream can be replaced with sweetened double cream and piped nicely over the fruit. Or, why not, just mix them together. If you choose to serve this salad in winter when berries are not in season, oranges, apples, bananas and kiwis make a delicious combo.
That's, of course, just a suggestion, as you can go for any of your favourite fruit that you have around. Alternatively, canned fruit can make a great salad too. Just be mindful that those are already sweetened, in which case a lot of cream is not necessary at all.
More boozy desserts
Looking for more boozy treats? How about my Pina Colada Ice Cream? It's got a nice coconut kick from the Malibu rum. Or my Lemon Curd Ice Cream with Limoncello? These are both grown-ups treats that are super yummy and refreshing, just perfect on a hot summer's day.
If you’ve liked the FRESH FRUIT SALAD WITH WHIPPED CREAM AND PIMM'S or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Fresh Fruit Salad with Whipped Cream and Pimm's
- 6 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup grapes
- 1 apple
- 6 raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Pimm's
- ½ cup cream ( I used squirty cream, but double/heavy cream or regular whipped cream can be used too)
- Peel and chop the banana, apple and kiwi.
- Cut the strawberries in half or quarter, depending on their size.
- Add them to dessert glasses together with the blueberries, grapes and raspberries.
- Drizzle the pimm's over, dividing it between the 2 glasses.
- Top with squirty/whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.