Baileys Brownies with Black Cocoa powder, a rich and indulgent dessert with a fudgy texture and a boozy touch that will be the star of your festive menu. Quick and easy to make, these really are the very best brownies you can get.
For someone who doesn't usually drink alcohol at all, I surely love these boozy brownies. Or boozy desserts in general. It's the very alcohol touch that brings sharpness and nice kick to these brownies, and it surprisingly balances out the sweetness too.
I am fascinated by black cocoa powder, its intense colour and flavour make spectacular desserts, and my Black Velvet Cake must be one of my finest bakes. I wasn't quite planning to use it here, but I realised that I had run out of the regular cocoa powder, and had to use half regular, half black cocoa. And it worked so well.
By all means, you can use only regular cocoa powder for these boozy brownies, that's absolutely fine, and the texture won't change. It's just the intensity of the colour that changes.
HOW TO MAKE BAILEYS BROWNIES WITH BLACK COCOA POWDER
If you like fudgy, chewy brownies, this recipe really is for you. And it's super simple to make, I promise:
- set a pan over a low heat, add the butter cut into cubes and the chocolate broken into pieces
- allow it to melt completely, stirring well to get a smooth texture
- remove from the heat and leave it to cool down
- in a large bowl, add the eggs, brown and white sugar, and mix well with a hand mixture to get a smooth paste
- add the black and regular cocoa powder and baileys
- mix well, then add the cooled chocolate mixture, and give it another stir
- line a square baking tray with non-stick paper (my tin is 21 cm, 8 inches)
- bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for 25 minutes until the edges are set, but the centre is still a bit wobbly.
tips and tricks
I would say serve these brownies with a scoop of ice cream, but I am not sure if they really need any more sweetness added to them. They are decadent, that's for sure. But then, a dessert must be worth its calories, so if it's not indulging, it's not a proper dessert.
The only thing that could go wrong when baking brownies is the texture. Unlike you want a cakey-like dessert, then the famous cracked top and fudgy consistency are a must. It might seem that there is too little flour, but don't be tempted to increase the amount, otherwise the texture will change.
The brown sugar helps with the chewiness, so I like to use it along with the regular granulated sugar,. I really like it. If you are unsure if the brownies are cooked, insert a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out too wet, leave the brownies in for a further 2-3 minutes. If the toothpick comes out with only a few wet crumbs, they are done.
Looking for more spectacular boozy festive treats? How about my Baileys Cheesecake Truffles? They are absolutely spectacular!
Baileys Brownies with Black Cocoa, a rich and indulgent dessert with a fudgy texture and a boozy touch that will be the star of your festive menu. Quick and easy to make, these really are the very best brownies you can get.
- 150 g butter
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 125 g brown sugar
- 85 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 g regular cocoa powder
- 15 g black cocoa powder
- 60 g flour
- ¼ cup Baileys liquor
Cut the butter into cubes, and break the chocolate into pieces.
Add them to a pan set over a low heat, and allow them to melt into a smooth paste.
Remove from the pan, and allow it to cool.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the brown and regular sugar using a hand mixer.
Once the mixture is smooth, sift in the flour, cocoa powders and add the baileys.
Pour in the melted chocolate mixture, and give it a good mix.
Line a baking tray with non stick paper (mine is 21 cm/8 inches).
Transfer the mixture in the pan, and bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes until the top is cracked, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with just a few wet crumbs.
- If you'd like to see the measurements in CUPS and OUNCES, please click on the US CUSTOMARY link.
- The amount of ingredients can be adjusted according to the number of servings you need, please click on the number of servings to change it.