Easy Fudgy Vegan Brownies with a hint of coffee, the much-loved brownie dessert, but dairy and egg free. A super easy recipe made from scratch in less than 30 minutes.
I have always tried to share with you only easy homemade recipes that anyone can do. But there is easy, and there is easy fudgy brownies. Literally, the easiest dessert you could possibly come up with!
And guess what, it does taste like the real deal. Yeah, it might not have that richness of the buttery brownies, that by the way I absolutely love.
Instead, the vegan brownies have a much lighter and fluffier texture, but the same fantastic flavour. And this recipe will put a big smile on your face.
It's super douper simple, uses just a very few ingredients and it tastes just like the real deal. You won't even tell it's absolutely egg and dairy free.
How to make fudgy vegan brownies
It's an easy peasy job:
- in a bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder
- combine the coffee with oil
- mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, plus the jam
- line a baking tray with parchment paper and bake the brownies at 180 degrees C (350 F) for about 20 minutes.
Even people who can swear they can't live without eggs and dairy will be impressed with these beauties. The jam adds richness to the batter, giving the brownies that fudgy texture.
Note! The batter is rather thick, so don't worry about it, it's the right consistency. No complicated icing, no fancy cream, but still a delish. Who's in for a few slices?
What can I add instead of coffee?
If you are not too bothered about a coffee taste, you can swap it for any plant-based milk (if you still want vegan brownies): soy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, etc Fizzy drinks will work like a treat too: coke, sprite, or just sparkling water.
The amount of sugar can be adjusted depending on how sweet you like the brownies, mine are not that sweet, given that I also used coffee. You can either increase the amount of sugar or jam.
Other brownie recipes
If you are not following a vegan lifestyle, and are not bothered by the brownies having eggs or dairy, why not check these delicious recipes?
If you’ve liked my EASY FUDGY VEGAN BROWNIES or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup coffee (cooled down)
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. (375 Fahnrenheit).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In a bowl, combine the coffee with oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and add the jam.
- Line a baking try with non-stick perchament paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.