Just a few days left to Christmas, the merriest time of the year. These are the happiest moments to spend with your loved ones, so let's make the most of it with these easy Christmas Treats that your little ones will adore. Fun to bake, and even more fun to enjoy, these treats are very easy to make, even by complete beginners.
I am sure most people have already decorated the Christmas tree, and maybe some have already finished their Christmas shopping. Schools will soon be on their Christmas break, which is a well deserved break for the little ones, who I am sure will be more than happy to help with some yummy baking. It's fun, it keeps them entertained, and it tastes better knowing that little hands helped.
I often bake with my girls, and not only we get to eat delicious treats that are made from scratch, and are so much better than any shop-bought desserts, but we also make lovely memories that will last a lifetime.
These treats can also make spectacular edible gifts for friends and families. They can be made in bulk and offer as presents to the ones dear to you.
It's hard to choose a favourite out of all these delicious and easy sweet treats, although I would probably first go for the gingerbread man cookies, I absolutely love the earthy ginger flavour. But then, those mind-blowing cupcakes are not to be missed either. Do give them a go!
- Gingerbread Man Cookies - super easy to make, and super delicious, little ones will have fun cutting gingerbread men shapes. The dough is very easy to work with, and it does not stick to the hands at all. They only need about 8 minutes in the oven, and ta-daaah, some seriously nice gingerbread men for all to enjoy. Best served with a nice cup of gingerbread hot chocolate.
- Gingerbread Cupcakes - these are some seriously delicious cupcakes, and if you like the classic gingerbread cookies, you will absolutely love these cupcakes. And they are so easy to make too.
- Christmas Iced Sugar Cookies - the second best loved cookies with my family after the gingerbread men. These star-shaped sweet treats go wonderfully well with a nice cup of hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. The icing is made with only 3 ingredients, and it hardly requires any effort. With or without the sprinkles, these cookies are just perfect.
- Scottish Shortbread - one of the most popular treats at Christmas, this shortbread recipe is as simple as can be, but so delicious!
- Ecclefechan Tarts - similar to the more popular mince pies, these Scottish tarts are wonderfully baked with a lovely dried fruit filling, and make a great Christmas treat for everyone.
- Lebkuchen Recipe- similar in taste with the gingerbread men, these German cookies are a big hit at Christmas. They are beautifully spices, and thin layer of icing on top gives them a spectacular look and taste. Do give them a go, and if you want to take them to the next level, serve them with a nice cup of White Hot Chocolate.
- Christmas Stamped Cookies Recipe - rich and buttery, with a texture similar to the shortbreads, these cookies not only taste amazing, but they look so festive too. Kids will love making the stamps, and eating them up too.
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies - for me, oranges and cranberries make the best combo, and these cookies taste like heaven. Rich, buttery, soft, they can be made in any other shape, they do not need to be round. Who can possibly resist having one too many?
- Gingersnap Cookies - crunchy and flavourful, these cookies have the same earthy touch as the gingerbread men. The ginger flavour brings heat, but is not too sharp. Taken out of the oven, the cookies are soft and chewy, but once they cool down, they harden, and you can get that snap and a good crunch. Worth a try!
- Mini Christmas Cakes - made in a muffin tin, these mini cakes are super quick and easy to make, and a fantastic alternative to the good old Christmas cake.
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Linzer Cookies - with a hint of lemon and vanilla, so soft and full of flavour. Super easy to make, the kids will love cutting the round shapes and putting the cookies together. I must warn you, one batch will not be enough!
- Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream - a rich and luxurious dessert for those special days. The kids will love helping decorate the cupcakes. I bet the buttercream will disappear in seconds.
- Chestnut Truffles - these bites are vegan, gluten free and low calorie, but so delicious, and full of festive flavours too.
- Snowman Cupcakes - with coconut and chocolate chips, the best festive sweet treats for kids and grown-ups alike. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and gone from the plate in seconds.
- Orange, White Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Fudge - the flavours of Christmas in one overly indulgent dessert. A great edible gift too. Quick and easy to make, and so delicious.
- Chocolate Salami- a delicious eggless, no-bake dessert that is ready in about 20 minutes. Loaded with biscuits (crackers), turkish delight, raisins, almonds and cocoa powder, this is the perfect indulgent treat for the festive season.
- Mince Pie Pinwheels - a delicious twist on the classic Christmas dessert, mince pies. They are so quick and easy to make, and we only need two ingredients: puff pastry and mincemeat. The ingredients can be homemade, but the store-bought ones are just as good, and way quicker to use.
- Pasteis de Nata - or the famous Portuguese Custard Tarts, some heavenly delicious bites that are super easy to make at home using ready-made puff pastry and homemade custard. Beautifully flaky, with a silky filling, these tarts are great for any party or family gathering.
- Easy Christmas Cake Recipe - this cake might be a tad boozy, since the dried fruit is soaked up in rum, but the cake itself is ok to be enjoyed by the whole family. A tiny slice at least won't give anyone a hangover, I can promise you that!
- Chocolate-Dipped Orange Madeleines - these little beauties are absolutely delicious! Forget about the store-bought madeleines, these are so easy to make at home! The kids will love the orange kick, and of course, dipping the madeleines in chocolate. Yum!
- Christmas Yule Log Cake - a favourite cake at Christmas, this yule log is a chocoholic's dream: it's rich, it's chocolaty, and a lot easier to make that it looks.
- Snowman Truffles - a quick and delicious dessert that is ready in less than 5 minutes. You can be as creative as you wish with the decorating, anything goes. Coconut and condensed milk make a heavenly treat, that's for sure.
- Christmas Pudding Cake Pops - made with leftover madeira cake, condensed milk, white and milk chocolate and sprinkles, a fantastic way of using up any leftover cake, and a spectacular festive dessert for the whole family. Super easy to make, but so delicious and pretty too!
- Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows and Cream - this homemade version is so much better and more delicious too than any store-bought sachet. It only needs a few ingredients, and you can make you own hot chocolate from scratch.
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe -this recipe is so decadent, and it only uses 2 main ingredients, plus whatever sprinkles and cream you want to use. It's so delicious, kids will absolutely love it!
If you’ve liked my EASY CHRISTMAS TREATS FOR KIDS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Leave a Reply