White Chocolate Fudge with Cranberries and Pistachios and a hint of orange, the flavours of Christmas in one overly indulgent dessert. Rich and creamy homemade fudge that is super quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients, this really is the best holiday dessert recipe. Great as an edible gift too.
It’s that time of the year when indulging is allowed. And if you are looking for a rich and decadent treat, you’ve come to the right place. This white chocolate fudge is exactly that, sinfully sweet, too delicious to share. Although truth must be said, l can’t have more than one or two slices at the time, given the amount of sugar in it.
I do like sweet treats, don’t get me wrong, but I do try hard to stay away from sweet temptation if I can. The recipe has been adapted from Marcello Tully’s White Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge, which can be found in this book The Key Ingredient.
I must say, it’s the first time l make fudge, and given that I don’t have a candy thermometer, it was a real success. Right, so how to make the perfect fudge every single time with minimum effort?
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE
To make this fudge, we don’t need condensed milk, just double cream (or heavy cream), white chocolate, sugar, a bit of butter, glucose syrup, orange extract (or indeed any other flavour), dried cranberries, pistachios. If you don’t have pistachios or dried cranberries, they can be left out.
But if you are looking for a really easy fudge recipe, the sugar, double cream and glucose syrup are the essential ingredients to begin with, and then you can add anything else you like.
- add the cream, sugar, butter, orange extract and glucose syrup to a pan set over a low to medium heat and bring to a boil
- use a spatula to stir often, after it starts to bubble, cook it for other 10 maybe 15 minutes until you get to the soft ball stage, when the fudge starts to thicken. which means, if you roll a bit between your fingers, you can shape it into a small ball
Note! Be careful when you test for the right consistency, the fudge is very hot at this stage!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE THE BEST FUDGE
- remove from the heat, add the white chocolate and stir to melt, there is no need to be on the heat, the hot mixture will melt the chocolate
- line a tray with non-stick paper and quickly spread the fudge, it hardens quickly at this stage
- top with dried cranberries and chopped pistachios, and leave to set
And if you follow a few simple steps, you are guaranteed to make a fail-proof fudge every single time. It is crucial to cook the fudge until it reaches the right temperature and consistency, otherwise it will not set. You will know straight away, as it sets quickly once you take it off the heat, so you have to spread it fast.
And that’s it, you’ve got the best chocolate fudge recipe ever. The orange flavour is absolutely amazing, really christmassy, and really delicious. For more christmassy flavours, why not try my Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies?
If you’ve tried my ORANGE WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES AND PISTACHIOS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
White Chocolate Fudge with Cranberries and Pistachios and a hint of orange, the flavours of Christmas in one overly indulgent dessert. Rich and creamy homemade fudge that is super quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients, this really is the best holiday dessert recipe. Great as an edible gift too. It's super easy to make, and you don't even need a candy thermometer either. You can add any nuts, seeds or dried fruit to it, or just leave it simple.
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 150 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup
- 1 tsp orange essence
- 15 g butter
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries and pistachios
- 50 g white chocolate
In a pan, add the double cream, sugar, glucose syrup and butter, and set over a low heat.
Bring to a boil, then stir occasionally until it starts to thicken to the soft ball stage, this might take anything between 10 or 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the white chocolate, and stir well, the mixture will thicken further at this stage.
Add the cranberries and pistachios, then quickly spread the mixture over a tray that had been lined with non-stick paper.
Leave to cool completely, then cut into squares.
- If you'd like to see the measurements in CUPS and OUNCES, please click on the US CUSTOMARY link.
- The amount of ingredients can be adjusted according to the number of servings you need, please click on the number of servings to change it.