Snowman Cupcakes, the best Christmas cupcakes for kids and grown-ups alike. Moist and fluffy coconut cupcakes made from scratch, topped with a delicious coconut cream cheese icing, and decorated with chocolate chips and orange peel for a festive touch. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and gone from the plate in seconds.
Christmas is upon us, which means, the preparations for the big day have already stared. There is no Christmas without some good old baking, and these cupcakes will definitely be a big hit with kids and grow-ups too.
I just love coconut, it gives such an amazing flavour to these already delicious cupcakes. Not to mention the chocolate chips, I mean, it's chocolate, we know it's divine. Snowman cupcakes are usually decorated with marshmallows, but this coconut version is as delicious.
If you have kids, then this is a recipe to get them to help you. They will love to get their little hands messy, and I am sure they will be more than pleased with the final result. Not only cute, but fun to eat too.
You only need a few simple ingredients, with the desiccated coconut being the main ingredients, not only for the sponges, but also for the icing. There is no need for any other flavour, the coconut one is just enough.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CUPCAKES FOR CHRISTMAS
The easy bit about decorating the cupcakes to make snowmen is that you don't need to worry about perfectly swirled icing. You don't even need an icing bag with a nozzle, a spoon can do a good enough job.
- beat the soft butter with the sugar until creamy, then add the eggs one by one and beat well
- add the flour and desiccated coconut, and mix again, making sure you don't overmix the batter, but just enough for the ingredients to come together
- line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper cases, and divide the batter evenly
- bake for about 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are firm to touch
Unlike muffins, the cupcakes don't rise that much, so you won't get the dome shape. Again, another reason why making these cupcakes is such an easy job, less stress about the baking and decorating.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CREAM CHEESE ICING
The icing only need 4 main ingredients: cream cheese, desiccated coconut, butter and icing sugar. It's such an easy job, all you need to do is mix all the ingredients until you get a nice and smooth paste, top each cupcake, then use chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth, and orange peel for the nose.
And that's the snowmen ready!
tips and tricks
There is little that could go wrong with this recipe. The main piece of advice would be, as with any other cupcake, to make sure the sponges are cooled before topping them with icing, otherwise the icing will melt, and the cupcakes will be a big mess.
There is no need to refrigerate the cupcakes once they are decorated. I chose to use half the amount of desiccated coconut for the icing, and sprinkle the rest over to resemble snow flakes. It's so much more festive, even if the coconut tends to be quite messy this way.
If you are looking for more festive desserts to bake with your kids, why not check this post: Easy Christmas Treats For Kids? It's got loads of delicious treats that little ones would absolutely love, and they are so much better than the ready-,made stuff. Do give them a go!
If you’ve liked these COCONUT SNOWMAN CUPCAKES or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
- 100 g butter (soften)
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoon full-fat milk
- 100 g desiccated coconut
For the cream cheese icing
- 100 g cream cheese
- 25 g butter, soften
- 100 g icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add the eggs one by one.
- Sift in the flour, then fold in the coconut and milk.
- Gently mix so that you can get a smooth consistency.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases, and spoon the mixture in evenly, about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down, use a teaspoon to spread the icing over each cupcake.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut generously on the cupcakes, so that they are fully covered.
- Use chocolate chips and small pieces of orange peel to decorate.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.