Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe with only 3 ingredients, a luxurious drink for the festive season. It's so easy to make, and it's ready in 2-3 minutes. Serve it with marshmallows and cream, or fancy sprinkles and candy canes for the ultimate christmassy experience.
It's that time of the year again when we can indulge without feeling any guilt whatsoever. The days are cold and short, and the best way to fight the gloominess is by being merry and enjoying comfort food and drinks that soothe our hearts.
Hot chocolate is usually a treat for me, it's hot, it's rich, it's heavenly satisfying, and goes down well when l feel like cheering up my taste buds. Now, if you are going to indulge, you might as well do it in style.
Those cheap sachets of hot chocolate mix that can be found in any store are far from being the luxurious drink I am after. But you don't need to go for a pricey drink in a pricey cafe either.
The homemade hot chocolate can tick absolutely all the boxes, and that by using simple ingredients that not only give us the best drink, but also a very affordable one.
A nice twist to it is my Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate Recipe, which has pureed pumpkin added for extra goodness. And my Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows and Cream and Gingerbread Hot Chocolate are two of my favourite hot drinks for the festive season.
And now the white chocolate hot cocoa can be added to the list too. What a spectacular drink this is! Velvety, scrumptious, and deliciously creamy.
- full-fat milk- it makes the drink a lot richer and silkier, skimmed milk just doesn't have enough creaminess
- white chocolate- either white chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- vanilla extract
- cream, sprinkles and marshmallows - to serve
I chose vanilla extract for a subtle rich flavour, but you can choose any flavour you like: peppermint, orange, rum, baileys and the list can go on.
Step-by-step photos and instructions
As promised, this recipe only uses 3 ingredients, with only 2 ingredients being the basic ones: milk and white chocolate, plus the extract of your choice. I chose vanilla extract for a subtle rich flavour, but you can choose any flavour you like: peppermint, orange, rum, baileys and the list can go on.
- if you use a bar of white chocolate, break it into pieces - use any white chocolate of your choice, the more luxurious, the better. Alternatively you can use white chocolate chips.
- in a pan set over a medium heat, add the milk, vanilla extract and white chocolate pieces
- stir until the chocolate is melted, and the drink is hot, but not boiling
- pour into into a glass, and top with cream, sprinkles or marshmallows
And that's it! Nothing complicated, but the taste is out of this world! I don't usually go for white chocolate as I find it too sweet, but this one is pure perfection in a glass!
This hot drink really is delicious! And the good thing is we can easily swap ingredients to cater for all tastes and lifestyles. If you prefer a plant-based milk, the regular milk can be swapped for soy or almond milk.
Because the white chocolate is sweet as it is, adding sugar would make it way too sweet, so l really wouldn't use it. That would rather spoil the taste. And if you go for marshmallows and cream, they would add sweetness too anyway.
I used regular cream, but you can go for a plant-based cream too. Or just leave it as it is, the taste will still be fantastic. Do give it a go, you will love it!
If you’ve liked my WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 150 g white chocolate (1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- cream, sprinkles and marshmallows to serve
- Break the white chocolate bar into pieces.
- In a pan set over a medium heat, add the milk, vanilla extract and white chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate is melted and the drink is hot, but not boiling.
- Pour into a cup and serve with cream, sprinkles or marshmallows.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.
Leave a Reply