Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with Veggies, some seriously delicious bites that are high protein, low carb and gluten free. Ideal for any picnic, packed lunch or just a quick appetizer. The mini meatloaves are also kid-friendly, which means they make a great school lunch recipe.
You gotta love a good meatloaf! Whether you go for a classic beef meatloaf (which can be cooked in a slow cooker), or a turkey meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs, you know everybody will love it. But how about some individual meatloaves cooked in a muffin tin? And, to make things even more interesting, add some veggies for extra taste.
In this way you know they are super healthy, and are packed with all the nutrients you need. And kids will love them too. (Fingers crossed on that one). Using lean ground turkey means the meatloaf muffins means less fat, healthier bites. And then everybody can enjoy them.
How to make moist turkey meatloaf muffins
My mini meatloaves do not use breadcrumbs. And since they are made with lean turkey mince, which can be dried when baked, we need some nice veggies to add moisture and taste.
Red peppers are naturally sweet, and together with the green onions, fresh dill, celery and green onion, make the perfect veggie combo for our meat muffins.
- in a bowl, combine the ground turkey, chopped vegetables and seasoning
- grease a 6-hole muffin tray with cooking oil spray
- divide the turkey mixture between each muffin hole, then bake for about 30-40 minutes until the muffins are cooked through
No need for paper cases, if you have a non-stick muffin tray, just the oil spray will do. Or regular oil. To remove from the muffin tray, run a sharp knife around the muffins to ease up the edges.
What other meat can be used
The ground turkey is low in fat; same goes for ground chicken, which will be similar in taste and texture. But you can also use ground beef, pork or lamb. Or even a combination of any of these. I would still go for a low-fat ground meat, to keep the muffins less greasy and healthier.
If you feel that the meat and veggies combo is not quite enough, you can add some grated cheese of your choice. Cheese can only make things better, right?
If you’ve liked the HEALTHY TURKEY MEATLOAF MUFFINS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 500 g lean ground turkey (turkey mince)
- 1 celery
- 1 red pepper
- 2 green onions
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- cooking oil spray to grease the muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- In a bowl, add the ground turkey, chopped dill, pepper, celery, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with cooking oil spray or regular spray, divide the turkey mixture evenly between each muffin hole.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until the muffins are cooked through.
- To remove from the tin, use a sharp knife to ease up the muffins edges.
- Serve the muffins either warm or cold.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.