Easy Peanut Butter Dip made with smooth peanut butter, yogurt and maple syrup, only 3 ingredients you you get a fantastic dip that is perfect for dipping apples, bananas, berries or any other fruit, as well as breadsticks, pretzels, veggies and so much more. It's refreshing, full of goodness, and ready in seconds.
Peanut butter ought to be one of the most popular ingredients out there. Whether you enjoy it on its own, or in a sandwich, any baked or no bake goodie, you know you are in for a treat.
But, if like me, you find its texture pretty cloggy when it comes to fruit dipping, mixing it with yogurt and maple syrup creates a fruit dip that's not only insanely delicious and healthy, but also easier to enjoy.
I am forever looking for healthy snack ideas not only for myself, but also for my family too, and this peanut butter fruit dip is an excellent snack choice to keep you going in between meals.
I have tried various fruits, and by far what I loved the most is using this peanut butter dip for apples, their crunchy texture and natural sweetness go wonderfully well with the smoothness of the refreshing peanut butter dip.
A peanut butter dip should not be confused with a peanut butter dipping sauce, which is usually served with savoury dishes, like chicken satay skewers.
- yogurt - I used plain natural yogurt
- peanut butter - smooth, it works better in a dipping sauce
- maple syrup - for a touch of sweetness
The plain yogurt can be replaced with Greek yogurt, for a richer touch, or, if you prefer a more flavoured dip, coconut yogurt. Cream cheese is also a good alternative here.
If you have a lactose intolerance, or wish to go for a vegan version, any plant-based yogurt should do.
Maple syrup can be swapped for honey, agave syrup or nectar. I wouldn't really go for sugar of any kind, it kind of goes against the whole healthy dip idea. If you are after a naughtier fruit dip, how about my chocolate dipping sauce?
Peanut butter can be swapped for almond or cashew butter, or a combo of all of these, as long as they have a similar texture.
- add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth
- alternatively, you can use a hand mixer or a whisk to beat them together until you get the desired texture
- keep refrigerated until ready to serve
You can adjust the amounts of yogurt and peanut butter used- for a richer, more peanuty touch, increase the amount to half a cup of peanut butter.
Keep the dip refrigerated until ready to use, I wouldn't leave it around, especially on a warm day, as the yogurt can be spoiled by the heat.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM , YOUTUBE, TIK TOK and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Peanut Butter Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can adjust the amounts of yogurt and peanut butter used- for a richer, more peanuty touch, increase the amount to half a cup of peanut butter.
- Keep the dip refrigerated until ready to use, I wouldn't leave it around, especially on a warm day, as the yogurt can be spoiled by the heat.