Corn Avocado Salad with tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and feta cheese, a healthy and delicious summer salad made with fresh seasonal ingredients that burst with amazing flavours. It's very easy to put together, and it's a great crowd pleaser for any BBQ, picnic or just a refreshing side dish for any meat or meat alternatives.
Salads can be so underrated! But they can be part of a healthy and nutritious meal without being boring or having to repeat the same ingredients over and over again. Fresh seasonal produce always brings the best results simply because the ingredients are delicious as they are without the need to add lots of unnecessary sugary dressings.
This delicious sweet corn and avocado salad is packed with essential nutrients to keep you full and happy without any nasty ingredients added. It's also loaded with the good kind of healthy fats that the body needs, apart from the fact that it's also incredibly tasty.
You can certainly have only these 2 ingredients in your salad, and that would still be amazing. But throw in some more fresh veggies, a bit of feta cheese for good measure, and a super simple lemon juice and olive oil dressing, and you've created something spectacular.
- feta cheese - can be replaced with cow's cheese, or you can make your own farmer's cheese at home, it's easier than you'd think!
- avocado - ripe avocado not only takes incredible, but it also adds creaminess to the salad
- sweet corn - I used canned one, but if you have leftover corn on the cob you can certainly use that too
- tomatoes - juicy ripe tomatoes, be it tomatoes on the vine, cherry tomatoes and so on
- cucumber - over here the English cucumbers are the most popular, you can use whatever else there is around
- red onion - for a bit of a kick, you can also replace it with regular or green onions
- radishes - adds some good crunch to the salad
- olive oil - the best you can find
- lemon juice - I used freshly squeezed juice
- salt - to taste
- parsley - for added colour and flavour
Step-by-step photos and instructions
- chop the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion avocado and radishes and add them to a large salad bowl together with the cubed feta cheese and sweetcorn (drained and rinsed with cold water)
- to make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and chopped parsley, and whisk well until combine
- pour the dressing over the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- serve immediately
Unlike other dishes, salads are best enjoyed on the day - I find that refrigerating them for longer than that won't keep them as fresh and tasty.
If you want to prepare it in advance, I would make the dressing first and refrigerate, then chop the veggies and have them ready to put the salad together before serving.
You can add any other ingredients you have around, either by swapping them as suggested in the list of ingredients, or adding some carbs like cooked cold pasta, bulgur wheat, couscous, orzo and so on.
Other summer salads
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM , YOUTUBE, TIK TOK and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Corn Avocado Salad
- 1 tin sweet corn (200 g, 7 oz)
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- ½ English cucumber
- 5 tomatoes on the vine
- 3 radishes
- ½ red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Peel, remove the pit and chop the avocado.
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and radishes.
- Drain and rinse the sweetcorn.
- Add them all to a large salad bowl together with the feta cheese.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice salt and chopped parsley, and mix well.
- Pour it over the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.