Chicken sliders with broccoli and red peppers, my new favourite appetizer ever. With delicious garlicky grilled chicken and a winning combination of vegetables, plus a good amount of cheese heaven, you know there is nothing better you could have. Game day, family gathering, picnic or just a nice meal? Look no further, this is the recipe you’ve been looking for. Have I mentioned the word healthy yet?
I could write a novel sequence about the benefits of home-made food, and still not get tired of the subject. Yes, the old chestnut, cooking yourself takes time, buying separate ingredients costs a lot more than spending a few quids on a greasy hamburger, blah blah. Honestly, people! Grilling some chicken only takes about 4-5 minutes, which sometimes is less than it would take you to queue in a take-away. Plus, you get to feed a whole lot of people. Rant over! I will be back on this tough.
Now, let’s talk about sliders. Oh, goodies! You can be as creative as you like, add anything you like, and they will still be as delicious as they look. Serve them on their own or with your favourite sauce, and you’ll be full and happy for a few good hours at least. Just don’t have too many, otherwise you’ll be too full to even move around 🙂
Chicken sliders with broccoli and red peppers
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 1 red peppers
- 1/4 broccoli head
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 9 buns
- parsley to garnish
- Heat up a grill pan.
- Dice the chicken breasts and place them in a bag together with one tablespoon of vegetable oil, the granulated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Seal the bag, give it a good shake to coat the chicken nicely, then transfer the chicken to the pan and grill on both sides until cooked through, it should takes about 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onion and red peppers and break the broccoli into small florets.
- I prefer the broccoli really tender, so I boiled it in salty water for 5 minutes, but you can skip it if you don’t mind a bit of crunch.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Fry the onion until tender, then add the peppers and broccoli and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the buns in half, arrange one layer on chicken, then top with the vegetables and grated cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and extra cheese if you like.