One-Pan Quorn Chicken Pieces Recipe with pesto and vegetables, a light vegetarian meal for everyone to enjoy. It might not have meat in it, but it certainly is filling and flavourful. The pesto works so well with the quorn, while the asparagus, tomatoes and peppers bring a nice colour and crunch.
Quorn chicken-style pieces are absolutely delicious if cooked right, and an amazing meat alternative for those on a vegetarian diet, or even for meat lovers.
Well, if you expect it to taste exactly like meat, that won't happen, but in my opinion it's the closest to chicken texture wise than any other products I have tried.
And they don't take long to cook either. Pair them with some good veggies, and you really are in for a treat.
Now pesto is, of course a vegetarian product, since it contains permesan cheese, but if you'd rather have this dish completely dairy-free for a vegan version, you can find vegan pesto in some supermarkets.
How to cook quorn chicken pieces
- add the frozen quorn pieces to a pan together with the vegetable stock cube and a quarter of a cup of water, and leave to cook on a low to medium heat until the pieces are tender and cooked through, and the liquid is absorbed
- remove from the pan and set aside
- add the oil, and cook the onions, peppers and asparagus for about 5 minutes or until tender
- add the quorn back to the pan together with the tomatoes, add the pesto for flavour and give it a good stir
- season to taste
- serve hot
Tips and tricks
Make sure not to use too much oil though when cooking the vegetables, the pesto has a good amount of olive oil in it anyway. If you don't have asparagus, you can replace it with broccoli spears or just normal broccoli florets. The dish is ready in no more than 30 minutes, so no hassle whatsoever.
If you wonder how to cook the quorn chicken pieces without a sauce, I would say having a non-stick pan is essential. It helps not having to worry about scrubbing the pan after.
Other quorn recipes
Quorn Bolognese - this is a spectacular meat-free bolognese sauce that is super easy to make and so delicious, you won't believe it's not the real deal.
If you’ve liked my QUORN CHICKEN PIECES WITH VEGETABLES or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Quorn Chicken Pieces Recipe
- 500 g quorn meat free pieces (frozen)
- 1 small bunch asparagus (100 grams)
- ½ cup halved plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 1 orange bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 green onion
- ¼ cup water
- In a large pan, add the frozen quorn, water and vegetable stock cube and cook on a low to medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed and the pieces have turned slightly brown.
- Remove the pieces from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the onion and peppers in strips, add the oil to the pan and cook the asparagus, peppers and onion for 5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the quorn pieces back to the pan together with the halved tomatoes, pesto and season well with salt and pepper.
- Give a good stir and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- If you'd like to see the ingredients listed in cups and ounces, please check the US Customary Link.
- Also, the amount of ingredients changes depending on the servings, so click on the number listed to change it to the number you prefer.
- Make sure not to use too much oil though when cooking the vegetables, the pesto has a good amount of olive oil in it anyway.
- If you don't have asparagus, you can replace it with broccoli spears or just normal broccoli florets. The dish is ready in no more than 30 minutes, so no hassle whatsoever.
- If you wonder how to cook the quorn chicken pieces without a sauce, I would say having a non-stick pan is essential. It helps not having to worry about scrubbing the pan after.
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!
The Thrifty Campers
Yumm! Looks tasty. I feel it's good to getaway from meat here and there.
Thank you! Indeed, great as a food on the go. Glad you like the recipe!
This easy to prepare dish was a winner in our vegetarian home!
I added other veggies & some pasta.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!