Grilled Chicken Sliders, my new favourite appetizer ever. With delicious garlicky grilled chicken and a winning combination of vegetables, plus a good amount of cheese heaven, you know there is nothing better you could have.
Game day, family gathering, picnic or just a nice meal? Look no further, this is the recipe you've been looking for. Have I mentioned the word healthy yet?
I could write a novel sequence about the benefits of home-made food, and still not get tired of the subject.
Yes, the old chestnut, cooking yourself takes time, buying separate ingredients costs a lot more than spending a few quid on a greasy hamburger, blah blah. Honestly, people!
Grilling some chicken only takes about 4-5 minutes, which sometimes is less than it would take you to queue in a take-away. Plus, you get to feed a whole lot of people.
Now, let's talk about sliders. Oh, goodies! You can be as creative as you like, add anything you like, and they will still be as delicious as they look.
Just don't have too many, otherwise you'll be too full to even move around 🙂 But anyway, sliders are a great choice for any Game Day. And, yes, you are allowed to be a couch potato on such days.
How do you make grilled chicken sliders?
Easy peasie! First, start by grilling the chicken, which is a super easy job.
- cut the chicken breasts into chunks, add them to a bag together with the oil, salt, pepper, garlic granules, paprika and cayenne pepper
- give the bag a good shake so that the chicken pieces are coated evenly
- grill for about 5 minutes or so until cooked through
- sautee the onion, add the peppers and broccoli (either raw or already cooked) and stir fry until tender
- slice the buns in half horizontally, then arrange one layer of chicken, veggies, and top with the cheese
- bake for about 10 minutes or so until the cheese is melted
And, that's you healthy finger food to feed a crowd. Game Day has just become more delicious!
What do you serve with chicken sliders?
Now, we've got loats of options here.
You can either go for some heavenly spicy potato wedges, homemade, of course, or give my sweet potato fries a go too.
I bet you haven't tried yet these amazing parsnip fries, they are to die for!
Or, how about some smashed potatoes? I could also go for some parmesan potatoes too!
Now, all you need to buy is some refreshments, and you are set for the day. No one will ever know that you have your own homemade feast.
Any what's better than sharing some with your besties. Perhaps they can bring the drinks, since you are in charge of the cooking?
Anyway, apart form Game Day, the sliders can also be enjoyed as a good on-the-go lunch or picnic. Not much mess, you don't even need any cutlery, so there's no excuse not to throw some in a tupperware and enjoy your day.
If you’ve liked my GRILLED CHICKEN SLIDERS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Grilled Chicken Sliders
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ broccoli head
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 9 buns
- parsley to garnish
- Dice the chicken breasts and place them in a bag together with one tablespoon of vegetable oil, the granulated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Seal the bag, give it a good shake to coat the chicken nicely, then transfer the chicken to the pan and grill on both sides until cooked through, it should takes about 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onion and red peppers and break the broccoli into small florets.
- I prefer the broccoli really tender, so I boiled it in salted water for 5 minutes, but you can skip it if you don't mind a bit of crunch.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Fry the onion until tender, then add the peppers and broccoli and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (390 Fahrenheit).
- Cut the buns in half, arrange one layer of chicken, then top with the vegetables and grated cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and extra cheese if you like.
Leave a Reply