It’s that time of the year when we cook tons of delicious dishes for the most awaited holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas. But it’s also that time of the year when, after such feasts, we end up with mountains of leftovers. Here are my best leftover recipes that are so easy to make, and so yummy!
Turkey leftovers are probably the most common ones, purely because of the size of the turkey roast, which leads, inevitably, to quite a lot leftover turkey. But, how about other leftovers? Vegetables, mashed potato, chicken, ham, you name it. And we are not talking only about Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners, but also a big meal at various times of the year, or a rather large Sunday roast.
These are my favourite leftover meals that are absolutely amazing, they transform those rather sad-looking leftovers into spectacular brand-new dishes that will impress even those picky eaters. Let’s have a look at them!
leftover turkey recipes
I’ll start my leftover recipes list with turkey, purely because it’s the favourite meat at this time of the year. Whether you had a huge roast turkey or just a Roast Turkey Crown, here are some recipes that you can try. Leftover turkey can easily be swapped for leftover chicken and vice versa.
- Leftover Turkey Rice Soup – from My Gorgeous Recipes -a healthy and filling soup that only takes about 30 minutes to cook and it’s absolutely delicious. Feel free to add any other veggies you have, the more, then tastier.
2. Genius Potato, Turkey and Stuffing Layered Leftovers – from Christina’s Cucina – a super delicious dish that uses up all those Thankgiving leftovers. So easy to make, no one would ever guess that the dish uses leftovers!
3. Leftover Turkey Hand Pies with Puff Pastry– from My Gorgeous Recipes – these hand pies are my absolute favourite, and are jam-packed with fanstastic flavours. Plus, it’s so easy to make them with whatever veggies you have in the fridge or freezer. Nothing complicated, best pasties ever!
4. Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Casserole – from Crumb – this rich, creamy casserole made with cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, turkey and peas smothered in Parmesan sauce is quite possibly the best thing that could ever happen to leftover roast turkey. This recipe also works with leftover roast chicken or ham.
5. Leftover Turkey Tacos – from A Table Full of Joy – an easy way to eat up all those leftovers! Filled with some of my favorite leftovers (and what I usually have a bunch of after Thanksgiving or Christmas!) these turkey tacos are a new spin on leftovers!
6. Healthy Leftover Turkey Wraps with Cranberry Sauce – from My Gorgeous Recipes – these quick wraps are a great way of using up not only that yummy turkey, but also the roast vegetables and cranberry sauce. They make a light packed lunch or quick dinner, and are so delicious!
7. Leftover Turkey Soup and Stuffing Dumplings – from Mindee’s Cooking Obession – a delicious soup that is comforting and heart-warming, and goes well with the whole family.
8. Turkey Casserole -from Create Kids Club – a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken, a healthy family dinner idea any day of the week. Using frozen veggies, canned soup, and prepackaged rice, this meal comes together quickly.
9. Quick Leftover Turkey Curry -from My Gorgeous Recipes– a fabulous under 30-minute dish with an Indian kick, this turkey curry is big on flavours, and requires minimal prep. It’s pretty mild, which means that everybody gets to enjoy it.
10. Thanksgiving Turkey Crostini with Brie and Cranberry Sauce – from Bite Sized Kitchen – This is literally Thanksgiving dinner all in ONE delicious bite! Turkey breast, brie, cranberry sauce and rosemary all piled onto a toasted slice of bread. This crostini is an easy appetizer that is ideal for an early Thanksgiving brunch OR for a post-thanksgiving lunch using leftover turkey!
11. Keto Low Carb Cheesy Mushroom Turkey Spaghetti Squash -fromThree Olives Branch – This stuffed spaghetti squash is a perfect way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or any holiday meal!
12. Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe in Cast Iron – from Food Above Gold – this slightly creamy leftover turkey pot pie recipe is made in a cast iron pan to keep things simple. Bursting with gourmet flavors and crisp vegetables, this pot pie recipe is ultimate comfort food.
13. Leftover Turkey Soup with Noodles – from The Cook Report – Leftover turkey soup is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey! Fragrant broth with noodles and topped with a soft boiled egg will get rid of your post holiday blues.
14. Leftover Turkey Sandwich – from The Flavor Bender – the EASIEST way to transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into a hearty, scrumptious breakfast/brunch sandwich recipe the next day.
LEFTOVER CHICKEN RECIPES
If you don’t have a large family or too many guests for Thanksgiving or Christmas, then a whole roasted chicken should do. Now, I have quite a lot leftover chicken recipes on the blog, as chicken is by far my favourite meat and I cook with it on a weekly basis. Again, you can use leftover turkey for any of these recipes, the texture or cooking time won’t change.
1. One-Pot Leftover Roast Chicken Pasta– from My Gorgeous Recipes– this is one of my most popular recipes on the blog, and rightly so, it’s got everything one can wish for: pasta, a quick homemade sauce, and chicken. Plus, everthing is cooked in one pot, so no mess, no fuss.
2. Leftover Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna– from My Gorgeous Recipes – if you like the classic spinach and artichoke dip, you will love this chicken lasagna with a twist. Best comfort food for chilly days, this lasagna is surprisingly light and so delicious! Do give it a try!
3. Creamy Chicken Spaghetti – from The Unlikely Baker -thick, creamy tomato sauce and your favourite rotisserie chicken come together in this delicious chicken pasta recipe. It’s so good it’ll give good old regular spaghetti a run for its money!
4. Asian Style Leftover Chicken Soup – from Krumpli – nothing could be simpler than this Asian Style Leftover Chicken Soup made with leftover roast chicken and a host of Asian flavours and a punch of chili!
5. Leftover Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole– from My Gorgeous Recipes – a healthy family dinner that takes comfort food to the next level. Easy to make from scratch, it can be made ahead and popped in the oven just before dinner time. It is made in one pot, which saves time and effort. It’s cheesy, filling, and so creamy. My kind of food!
6. Indian Leftover Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe – from My Gorgeous Recipes – a delicious chicken curry that is super easy to make, yet aromatic and so comforting. This homemade version easily beats any take-away. A delicious family dinner that is ready in about 20 minutes.
7. Leftover Roast Chicken and Noodle Soup – from My Gorgeous Recipes– a comforting homemade soup that is ready in about 30 minutes. One of the most popular soup recipes, but a lot simpler and quicker to make.
LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES
Deli ham is nice, how have you tried homemade ham? It’s just pure heaven. A big favourite for Thankgiving, Christmas and Easter, and i you happen to have leftovers, not to worry, there are lots of ways to cook something absolutely amazing with it. These are my favourite recipes that use leftover ham, do try them!
1 Easy Leftover Ham and Bean Soup -from My Gorgeous Recipes – a super simple, under 30-minute soup that is big on flavours, and so delicious. You can use some leftover veggies too, or any fresh or frozen ones you have around.
2. Pasta with Ham and Peas – from My Kitchen Love– easy and quick Pasta with Ham and Peas. Perfect for using up any leftover ham or if you need a dinner the entire family will love! This pasta recipe comes together super quick and uses bright flavours to transform this dish into a scrumptious family-approved meal.
3. Ham Tetrazzini – from Beyond the Chicken Coup– a delicious twist on the classic chicken tetrazzini. Easy to make, a big favourite with the whole family.
4. Cheesy Ham Broccoli Casserole-from My Gorgeous Recipes – a healthy low carb casserole that is so easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
5. Gnocchi Mac ‘N Cheese with Ham and Peas – from Erica’s Recipes – with cheesy potato dumplings and sweet peas, this cozy Gnocchi Mac ‘N Cheese with Ham and Peas casserole is a perfect way to use up leftover holiday ham.
6. Leftover Ham and Vegetable Casserole – from Little Sweet Baker– give your leftover holiday ham and veggies a makeover in this yummy pasta casserole. It’s quick and easy to put together, and makes for a creamy cheesy good meal!
LEFTOVER MASHED POTATO RECIPES
Mashed potatoes are my favourit side dish no matter the occasion. They make the perfect comfort food that can cheer you up even on the chilliest, most boring days. If you do happen to have any leftovers, which let’s admit, it does not happen often, how about trying these spectacular leftover mash recipes?
- Leftover Mashed Potato Balls -from My Gorgeous Recipes – sinfully golden and crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. These potato bites are simply delicious, and ridiculously easy to make.
2. Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes -from My Gorgeous Recipes– beautifully golden and so indulging. They make a delicious breakfast or brunch, and can be served either hot or cold with extra cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, fried eggs or bacon, or just on their own.
3. Herb Potato Bread – from Longbourn Farm – a delicious artisan-style bread that is a great way to amp up any meal.
4. Easy Tuna and Potato Patties -from My Gorgeous Recipes – or tuna fish cakes, the ideal last minute appetizer that can feed a hungry crowd. Ridiculously easy to make, these patties are a great way of using up leftover mashed potatoes, and also sneak in some good old tinned tuna.
5. Mashed Potato Patties – from Brooklyn Farm Girl – delicious, savory Mashed Potato Patties are crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. They’re the best way to use up your leftover mashed potatoes and make for a tasty side dish recipe!
This is my collection of leftover recipes featuring leftover turkey recipes, leftover chicken recipes, leftover ham recipes and leftover mashed potato recipes.They are all quick and easy to make, and a great way of using up all those delicious leftovers. Bonus point, a great way of saving money, while making the most of what’s left after special occasions.
If you’ve tried these LEFTOVER RECIPES or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.