Mini Cheese Balls made with Philadelphia cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salami, black olives, sundried tomatoes and spring onions and coated in crushed biscuits/crackers, a fantastic party appetizer that goes down a treat for your Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve meals. It's a failproof recipe that is quick and easy to make, and definitely a crowd pleaser.
These Philadelphia cream cheese balls must be one of my favourite party appetizers to serve during the festive season, but also at any other party throughout the year. They are simplicity at its best, but the taste is incredible!
Cheese boards are a must during Christmas time, they make a super easy but super impressive starter, and these mini cream cheese balls make a delicious addition to your finger food menu. They are best served with any crackers or biscuits of your choice, but also with any breadsticks, pretzels or raw veggies.
They are loaded with yummy ingredients that work so well together, although you don't have to limit yourself to the these ingredients, there are so many more that work a treat here.
- cream cheese - I used Philadelphia cream cheese, but you can use any other branded or own brand cream cheese
- cheddar cheese - adds sharpness to the mini balls
- salami - feel free to add any other cold meat / deli or your choice: deli or leftover ham, cooked bacon, chorizo and so many more
- sundried tomatoes - make sure you drain them well
- olives - I used black olives, but green or a combo black/green olives should do too
- spring onions - or chives, add a splash of colour and flavour
- crackers - for coating the cheese balls - optional
Step-by-step photos and instructions
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped spring onions, sundried tomatoes, black olives and salami, and mix well
- Shape balls the size of a walnut
- Add a few crackers/biscuits to a blender/food processer and blitz to get fine crumbs
- Coat the balls in crumbs, and arrange on a platter
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
The cheese balls will keep well in the fridge for at least a week, so you can make them in advance and serve them whenever needed. As long as the ingredients used don't have a short shelf life, you shouldn't have any problem.
I prefer using full-fat cream cheese, as it packs more flavour and it's creamier, but the lighter version can be used too.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM , YOUTUBE, TIK TOK and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Mini Cheese Balls
- 1 tub Philadelphia cream cheese (280 g, 9 oz)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup black olives
- 5 slices salami
- 1 spring onion
- crushed crackers for coating the cheese balls
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Chop the spring onion, sundried tomatoes, salami and olives, and add them to the cheeses.
- Mix everything well.
- Add crushed crackers to a bowl.
- Use your hands to shape balls out of the cheese mixture, then coat them in the crushed crackers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.