Honey Lemonade, a healthy and refreshing summer drink that is super quick and easy to make. Honey, lemons and water is all you need to make this super drink, there is absolutely no need for refined sugar.
Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system, amongst many other health benefits. And honey has been known for centuries for having an excellent medicinal value. Do not spoil the magical power of the lemonade by adding refined sugar, honey is the best alternative possible.
I like to drink this lemonade at room temperature, but, of course, it is also great ice-cold or hot. A healthy, hydrating, refreshing and delicious drink that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Summer or winter time, this drink is all you need. No nasty chemicals, no sugar-loaded store-bough juices, just the nature's goodness in one glass.
There is hardly any prep involved here, this delicious lemonade is ready in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail.
- in a jug, add the lemon and hot water, and mix well
NOTE! Honey won't dissolve well in cold water, that's why is crucial to add hot water to it first, before mixing the other ingredients.
- add the lemon juice and, give it a good stir, then fill the jug up with water and add slices of lemon to it
- refrigerate until ready to use
Other summer drinks
And that's it! For more of a summer touch, why not try this delicious Watermelon Mint Lemonade?
If you’ve liked my HONEY-SWEETENED LEMONADE or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 500 ml cold water
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Pour the water into a jug.
- Squeeze 1 lemon and half of the other one, either by hand or using a citrus squeezer and add the juice to the jar. The other half can be sliced and added as well.
- In a cup, mix together the honey and hot water, then add the mixture to the jar.
- Use a spoon to mix everything together.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.