Juicy Baked Chicken Breast with a touch of garlic and paprika, a delicious recipe that is ready in about 20-25 minutes. The chicken is so succulent and baked in the oven to perfection. Healthy, quick and easy to make, this chicken breast is guaranteed to be a big winner for your dinner.
No more dry baked chicken, these chicken breasts are juicy, and so tender, you can hardly tell they are baked. Baking tends to dry the meat, unless you use a few tricks to keep it moist. No one likes dry chicken that you have to chew for ages! And you won't believe how easy to make it it!
There is no secret that I love chicken breast recipes, they are usually not only easy to make, but quick too. My Quick and Easy Chicken Breast Recipes for Dinner is a fabulous collection of super simple recipes that anyone can cook, and look like a Master Chef.
And this recipe makes no exception. It's in the oven for 20 minutes, and the preparation takes so little time. It's all a matter of tenderising the chicken breasts, although it's not compulsory, but it helps the chicken cook quicker and evenly. Then, mix the seasoning together.
Rubbing the chicken breasts with olive oil keeps the chicken breasts moist in the oven, otherwise it will most likely dry out too quickly, so this is a step not to be skipped.
- chicken breasts - make sure they are of similar sizes, so they can bake through at the same time
- olive oil - to rub over the chicken breasts
- paprika - it adds a nice touch of colour and flavour
- garlic granules
- brown sugar - it adds a slightly caramelised touch to the chicken
- salt & black pepper
- cooking oil spray for the baking tray
Step-by-step photos and instructions
Chicken breasts are lean, so not much fat to keep the meat moist in the oven. That is why we need the olive oil to keep it nice and juicy. The seasoning is absolutely amazing, you wouldn't think that garlic and sugar could form a happy marriage, but they do!
- place the chicken breasts on a board, cover with cling film, then use a meat tenderiser or rolling bin to bash them well, the thinner, the better
- drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil on both sides, then rub the seasoning well, again, on both sides of the chicken breasts
- bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahreneheit) for 20 minutes, or until cooked through
- remove from the oven, and baste the chicken breasts with the juices left in the pan
So simple, yet so delicious! These chicken breasts are absolutely amazing, and can be enjoyed with any side of your choice.
The chicken breasts do not need to be covered with foil in the oven, they will turn out perfectly without. Plus, baking them without foil ensures that the seasoning stays in place, resulting in a fantastic brown colour after 20 minutes.
Do keep an eye on the oven, they are not all the same, and some ovens might get you different results than others. The most important thing is to bake the chicken until no longer pink, undercooked chicken is very dangerous, no one likes a nasty food poisoning.
I don't usually line the baking tray with foil, but use cooking oil spray to make sure the tray is well oiled before placing the chicken breasts. Don't worry about having to clean the tray after removing the chicken, drizzle a bit of washing up liquid, add hot water, and set aside for an hour or so, it will be easy to clean after.
And that's all! A super delicious chicken breast recipes for the whole family to enjoy!
Other chicken breast recipes
If you’ve liked my JUICY BAKED CHICKEN BREAST or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking oil spray for the baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place the chicken breast on a board, cover with cling film, then bash with a meat tenderiser or a rolling pin to flatten them out a bit.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken breasts on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper, and rub the chicken breasts well on both sides.
- Spray cooking oil over the baking tray, and place the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink, depending on the size of the chicken breasts and the oven, it might take 2-3 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven, and baste with the juices left in the pan.