These are the Best Homemade Ice Cream Recipes made without an ice cream maker. They are super simple to make, no churn, no fuss, and you can make them as flavourful as you want. They are either custard-based ice creams or made with condensed milk and cream. And a super healthy one too made with no naughty ingredients at all.
Who doesn't like ice cream?! I certainly do, and there is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer's day than a cheeky little ice cream scoop to cool you down and refresh your taste buds.
And making ice cream at home is a lot simpler and quicker than you'd think. You don't even need an ice cream maker to get perfectly smooth and creamy ice cream, it can be done either by using condensed milk and cream, or by making a custard-like mixture based on milk, eggs and sugar.
Well, these are the 2 main ways, which allow you to be as creative as you wish. Any flavour can go, or even a combination of more flavours. As long as you like it, the rest is easy.
ICE CREAM RECIPES USING CONDENSED MILK
These recipes are made in no time by whipping up the cream until it holds stiff peaks, then adding the condensed milk and any chosen flavour(s). There is no need to add any more sugar, as the condensed milk is sweet enough.
- Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream (No Churn) - this ice cream is super easy to make with fresh or frozen strawberries. The pureed strawberries will ensure that the ice cream does not form ice particles, and it stays creamy and perfect for scooping.
- Canned Peach Ice Cream - of my favourite fruit in summer, peaches make a perfect addition to this condensed milk-based ice cream. You can use canned peaches, which are super cheap and easy to find pretty much in any shop, or fresh peaches if they are fully ripe and sweet.
- Pina Colada Ice Cream - this one is more of a grown-up treat, since it contains Malibu coconut rum, but it's so delicious, and dead easy to make. Coconut and pineapple are a combo made in heaven for sure.
- Nigella's Coffee Ice Cream - another treat for grown-ups, this ice cream would be a big hit even with people who are not necessarily big coffee fans. You can make it with instant coffee only, or, for a cheekier touch, add a splash of coffee liqueur too.
- Lemon Curd Ice Cream with Limoncello - yet another treat for grown-ups (adults like sweet treats too, so why not?!), this super lemony ice cream is sheer pleasure. It's so refreshing, sweet and tangy at the same time, what's not to like about it!
- Mango Ice Cream Recipe - made with condensed milk, cream and mango puree, this delicious homemade ice cream is made without an ice cream maker, and with only 3 ingredients. Quick, easy, full of flavours, what a treat!
ICE CREAM RECIPES MADE WITH EGGS AND MILK
These ice creams are made the more traditional way, and while it's as easy, they might take a tad longer to make, but they are absolutely amazing.
You can add any flavours you like once the custard cools down. And it's best to mix it a few times while in the freezer to avoid ice particles forming, unlike the condensed milk ones which don't need mixing at all.
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (No Churn) one of the most popular flavours all around the world, this classic ice cream is a big hit with kids and grown-ups alike. Less is more, and that's so true with this recipe, as the vanilla flavouring is all we need to create a spectacular ice cream.
- Homemade No-Churn Cherry Ice Cream without Condensed Milk - once you have the basic vanilla recipe, it's so easy to tweak it to your own liking and add any other flavours you like. I am a big fan of cherries, and this ice cream is the very best!
other ice cream recipes
These 2 recipes are not made with condensed milk or custard, but are as delicious and quick to make too. While the kulfi is more of a frozen dessert, the banana-based one is vegan and super healthy too.
- Easy Kulfi Recipe with Condensed Milk - this ice cream has condensed milk added, but rather than whipping the cream, this is mixed with the evaporated milk to create a super creamy base that has fantastic Middle Eastern flavours. Add some pistachios or any other chopped nuts for a bit of texture and crunch.
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Ice Cream - this is more of a nice cream, given that is dairy free. So if you want a healthy treat that has no refined sugar added, this is the one for you.
And that's all for now, 8 delicious ice cream recipes that you can make at home with little prep. And the good part about it you know exactly what goes in. Do give them a try!
If you’ve liked my HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPES or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.