Healthy Banana Chocolate Ice Cream with a hint of peanut butter, a delicious vegan summer treat. It's absolutely fantastic, and you can't possibly tell it's diary, egg or refined-sugar free. The easiest and quickest nice cream you can make, this guilt-free treat will go down well with the whole family.
When I think of ice cream I inevitably think of loads of calories, but also of the biggest indulgence one can allow himself/herself on a hot summer's day. It's heavenly refreshing, and sinfully delicious.
But not all ice creams have to be sugar and preservative-loaded. The "nice creams", or the banana-based ice creams are usually refined-sugar free, and also egg and diary free, which makes them vegan friendly too.
Now, the number of combinations one can make really is endless. You can go for any flavour you like, although there is something about the banana and chocolate combination that is hard to resist.
Making a banana-based ice cream is ridiculously easy, and although you don't need an ice cream maker, you do however need a blender. Without it I can't possibly see how the ice cream can be made really.
This frozen treat is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth on a hot summer's day or as an indulgent after-dinner dessert - what a treat!.
- overripe bananas - they are naturally sweet for a better taste and texture
- cocoa powder
- smooth peanut butter - or crunchy
- soy milk - or regular milk is you are not after a vegan recipe
Step-by-step photos and instructions
- add the frozen bananas to the blender together with the cocoa powder, peanut butter and soy milk
- blitz until smooth
- transfer to a freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 2-3 hours
- scoop an serve immediately
Note! Make sure you use overripe bananas, they are naturally sweet, so there is no need to add any refined sugar or sugar substitute. The ice cream is sweet enough this way.
Other ice cream recipes
If you'd rather go for a proper milk or egg-based ice cream how about these 4 recipes I have? They are all no-churn ice creams, which means less hassle and effort.
If you’ve liked my HEALTHY BANANA CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Banana Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5 overripe bananas
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy milk
- Peel and slice the bananas and add them to a freezer bag. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Add the frozen banana slices to the blender together with the cocoa powder, peanut butter and soy milk.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Transfer to a plastic container that has a tight-fitting lid, and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.