Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwich with a lemon kick, a healthy and delicious recipe that makes a great breakfast or a quick working lunch. Ready in about 10 minutes, this sandwich is super quick and easy to make, and a great hit with everyone.
If you are a fan of sandwiches, this is a recipe for you. It's not just any sandwich, but THE BEST SANDWICH I have ever had. And, trust me, I do eat loads of sandwiches, most of them homemade, although I do buy sometimes as well.
I don't know about other countries, but in the UK sandwiches are the preferred quick working lunch. The nation is mad about sandwiches of all kind. The better, the most expensive. Such a grilled chicken sandwich with avocado and cheese would probably cost anything from £4 upwards. Insane, isn't it?
So, why not make it at home? Buy a few avocados, some chicken breasts, some sliced cheese and bread of your choice, and you can make your own sandwiches a few times a week.
Grilling the chicken is not only quick, but also healthy. With not a single drop of oil or butter, you know that this grilled chicken can only be great, you won't believe how easy it is to eat healthily.
Ingredients needed to make chicken and avocado sandwich
- chicken breast
- wholemeal bread
- mozzarella cheese slices
- cayenne chilli peppers
- granulated garlic
- lemon juice
Now, let's talk cheese! I stumbled across some amazing mozzarella slices, I either was blind before that I never seen them in the shop, or they are a new thing. I loved them! They are perfect for a grilled sandwich, it melts nicely in less than a minute.
If you don't find mozzarella slices, you can use any other cheese slices, cheddar, gouda, emmental, anything you like. Chicken can be swapped for turkey breast and cooked the same way.
And there you have, a fantastic grilled chicken sandwich to lick you fingers clean. Great with a cuppa or a cup of coffee, and you are good to go.
Step-by-step photos and instructions
The combo chicken and avocado is one of a kind. Two super healthy and delicious foods in one yummy sandwich. I have tried this combination before in my Grilled Chicken Avocado Wrap and it has been one of my best-performing posts ever since, it went viral on Pinterest and other social media channels.
So, let's see how it's done:
- halve the chicken breast, and use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken breasts
- season with salt, paprika, garlic granules, and cayenne chilli peppers
- heat up a grill pan, and grill the chicken on both sides until cooked
- mash the avocado, drizzle over the lemon juice, then spread it over a slice of bread
- place the chicken on top of the avocado, top with the cheese slice, and another slice of bread
- grill on both side until the cheese is melted
How many calories are in a chicken avocado sandwich?
Now, it all depends on the kind of bread and cheese you use. Some have more calories than others. Anyway, my sandwich has 287 calories per portion, but it's one filling and nutritious sandwich, without any nastiness added.
Avocadoes tend to brown quickly if they are not consumed straight-away, so using lemon juice helps prevent the browning process.
Squeeze a bit of lemon of them, and they will keep fresh for longer. You can use the same tricks if you use avocadoes in salads or dips.
If you’ve tried my GRILLED CHICKEN AVOCADO SANDWICH or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- 1 medium chicken breast
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 mozzarella cheese slice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne chilli peppers
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Halve the chicken breast, and use a meat tenderizer to thin each half.
- Mix the cayenne chilli peppers, paprika, garlic and salt, then rub the mixture onto the chicken breast halves.
- Heat up a grill pan, place the chicken halves and grill on both sides for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado, then drizzle the lemon juice over, and spread it on one bread slice.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the avocado, then top it with the cheese slice and the other bread slice.
- Grill the sandwich on both sides for about a minute, until the cheese is melted. Serve hot or cold.
- Avocadoes tend to brown quickly if they are not consumed straight-away, so using lemon juice helps prevent the browning process.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon of them, and they will keep fresh for longer. You can use the same tricks if you use avocadoes in salads or dips.