Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta, super easy and creamy, and made in one pot only. The cajun alfredo sauce is deliciously spiced, and works perfectly well with the lean chicken breast and the linguine. This is a simple recipe that is ready in well under 30 minutes, and it goes down well as a midweek meal with the whole family.
It's time we had a break from all the low carb dishes and indulged in some well-deserved comfort food. What what better than a good portion of pasta? Good old pasta that is there whenever we need it.
I chose linguine this time, but any type of pasta can work here, any shape, dried, fresh, etc. As long as the amounts of ingredients used are the same, the pasta should be cooked well to give us one fantastic dinner.
We don't even need a lot of ingredients, we you probably already have most of them: linguine, chicken breasts, chicken broth, double cream (heavy cream or half half), garlic, cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, parmesan and parsley. It might sound like a long list, but it really isn't.
Leftover chicken can also work here, and you can just skip the first step where the chicken gets cooked (although it only takes about 5- minutes to do that). Or leftover turkey, if you have any left, why not! Let's see how it's done!
- linguine pasta - or any other long pasta
- chicken stock/broth
- double cream - or heavy cream
- chicken breasts
- cajun seasoning
- cloves of garlic
- vegetable oil
- salt & ground black pepper
- fresh parsley
- grated parmesan
Step-by-step photos and instructions
Chicken and cajun seasoning are a match made in heaven. Spiced, but not terribly so, if used in smaller amounts it can be enjoyed by kids too. Unless kids don't mind a bit of heat, in which can the amounts can be increased.
- cut the chicken breasts into chunks, then season with salt, pepper and one tablespoon of cajun seasoning
- heat up the oil in a large pan, add the chicken and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through
NOTE! FRY THE CHICKEN IN BATCHES IF THE CHICKEN BREASTS ARE LARGE, WE DON'T WANT THE PAN TO BE CROWDED.
- add the chicken stock/broth, cream, minced garlic, more cajun seasoning, and give it a stir
- add the linguine and leave to cook on a low to medium heat stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is absorbed - add more liquid if necessary
- garnish with fresh parsley and serve with grated parmesan
This dish is just amazing! We all wolved it down in record time. But it can, of course, be tweaked to your own liking. Apart from the leftover meat already mentioned at the beginning of the post, seafood would also work great. Or sausages.
My Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya uses cajun seasoning and it's absolutely fantastic! Or, why not, a combination of everything for a one pot wonder meal.
Other alfredo pasta recipes
Other alfredo pasta recipes that we love are: 20-Minute Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta for Two, Easy Alfredo Pasta with Salmon and Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach.
Do make sure you add broth as well, be it chicken, vegetable or even just water. If you add cream only, the sauce will thicken too much, making the dish quite heavy.
Do give it a go, it's quick, ready in well under 30 minutes, it's delicious, and it goes down a treat no matter the occasion. Perhaps a romantic meal for two?
If you’ve tried this CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 200 g linguine pasta (7 oz)
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup double cream (heavy cream, half half)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks, and season with salt, pepper and one tablespoon of cajun seasoning.
- Heat up the oil in a pan, and add the chicken breasts (in batches if necessary in order to avoid overcrowding the pan).
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through, then add the stock and cream, minced garlic, and the remaining cajun seasoning.
- Add the pasta, and give it a stir.
- Leave to cook for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is absorbed, and you have a creamy sauce left.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve it grated parmesan.