Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad with Feta Cheese and a light honey and lemon dressing, a delicious vegetarian summer recipe that is light, yet filling, and healthy too. It goes well with the whole family, and can be enjoyed as a quick lunch, picnic or a light dinner. Absolutely delicious!
We might not be able to fully enjoy the nice weather, but we can definitely switch from heavy dishes to lighter, summer recipes to give us the feeling of a normal life. It feels like we are totally skipping spring, and we have just made the jump from the horribly cold and stormy winter, to proper summer days.
Not sure if the nice weather is indeed related to less pollution due to the present circumstances, but it's nice to see the sun shining almost every day. Even if from the window. And that gives us the perfect excuse to bring back our healthier summer dishes that are quick and easy to make. Not that we don't have plenty of time for elaborate dishes!
These roasted vegetables have a nice Mediterranean kick to them, they make a great combo, and have a lovely taste, colour and texture put together. If I like each one of them separately, I absolutely love them roasted together.
Throw in some good old pasta, some delicious feta or cow's cheese, a nice citrussy dressing, and you have one fine pasta salad that will be demolished in seconds. And even by meat lovers who would otherwise whinge about the lack of meat in a dish.
Step-by-step photos and instructions
I love pasta salad cold from the fridge, but you can, of course, enjoy them warm too. But if you do like them cold, or at least at room temperature, cook the pasta first according to the packet instructions, drain, and set aside to cool.
- Then cut the vegetables into chunks, drizzle olive oil over, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit) for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- To make the dressing, mix together the lemon juice, honey, minced garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper, and shake well
- In a large bowl, combine the cold pasta with the roasted vegetables, drizzle over the dressing, crumbled feta and fresh parsley and give it a good stir
And that's our pasta salad ready. It's absolutely delicious, served in any way. Fancy a bbq now? I definitely do.
More pasta salads
Liked this pasta salad? I've got a few others, as easy to make, and as delicious. Just with different ingredients to make summer as yummy as possible. Fish, chicken and bacon are an excellent addition to these salads, what a treat!
If you’ve tried my ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ aubergine (eggplant)
- ½ courgette (zucchini)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon fried Italian herbs
- Boil the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- When ready, drain the water, and leave to cool completely.
- Peel and chop the onion into chunks, and cut the peppers, aubergine, courgette and mushrooms into big chunks too.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit) for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- To make the dressing, squeeze the 2 lemons, and mix their juice with the honey, minced garlic, oil, salt, pepper and herbs.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables, feta cheese, and drizzle over the dressing.
- Give it a good stir, and garnish with fresh parsley.