Creamy Garlic Scallops with Pasta, a delicious dinner that looks as good as an expensive meal at a posh restaurant. Seared scallops in a rich cream sauce that is bursting with the most amazing flavours, and your favourite pasta, quick, simple, but so yummy!
When you think you don’t know how else to cook pasta, there is always a new recipe that will make you fall in love with it all over again. This time, we have the best pan-seared scallops in rich garlic sauce to top our favourite spaghetti. And all that, in less than 20 minutes. Too good to be true? Not at all!
If you love seafood, this is a dish for you! Seafood in general can be quite expensive, but it is still cheaper to buy and cook it yourself, than a meal at a restaurant, which will only give you one pricey portion. And then you know you have the perfect dinner date too.
Scallops are absolutely delicious, and they cook so quickly. They have a subtle fishy taste, but it’s so delicate, that even fish haters will love it. And scallops love garlic, lots of it. If you happen to have wild garlic, do add a few leaves too, that can only make the sauce even better. Not that they are bland without, but the garlic brings out the best flavour, and makes the dish a real treat. Let’s see how to cook it!
HOW TO COOK CREAMY GARLIC SCALLOPS
Make sure you sear the scallops on a medium heat, so they can cook through without browning too quickly on the outside, leaving the inside still raw. Best if you rinse them under cold water, and pat dry the scallops on kitchen towel before adding them to the pan.
- heat up the olive oil, then arrange the scallops in the frying pan, and leave to fry undisturbed on each side for about 3-4 minutes, until lightly brown
- remove the scallops from the pan, wipe the pan clean if there are too many brown bits, add more olive oil and butter, then throw in the minced garlic and parsley. Plus the wild garlic if you have.
Note! You can add white wine at this stage if you chose to use it, about 1 quarter of a cup should do. Just leave it to evaporate, before adding the cream and scallops.
- leave to cook for 30 seconds until the garlic releases its fragrance, then add the cream and the scallops
- cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream thickens slightly
- season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add a bit of lemon juice, for extra freshness
- serve with your favourite pasta
Appetizer or Main Meal?
I chose to serve the seared scallops with spaghetti, for a light, but hearty meal. The scallop sauce goes very well with any kind of pasta, or even mashed potatoes.
But, if you’d rather serve the scallops as an appetizer, nothing simpler! Once the sauce has thickened, the scallops are ready to be served. If you happen to have the shells left, that would make the best serving plates. Otherwise, just a normal plate. Perhaps add a fresh green salad on the side too? It’s up to you.
Looking for more seafood recipes? How about my 20-Minute Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta for Two? As yummy, and a great dinner date dish too. Or perhaps my Easy Pasta with Shrimp and Spinach.No sauce here, so the dish is light and healthy.
If you’ve tried my CREAMY GARLIC SCALLOPS WITH PASTA or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Creamy Garlic Scallops with Pasta, a delicious dinner that looks as good as an expensive meal at a posh restaurant. Seared scallops in a rich cream sauce that is bursting with the most amazing flavours, and your favourite pasta, quick, simple, but so yummy! The dish is ready in well under 20 minutes, and it can be served at any special occasion, or a dinner date. Serve them as a main meal with spaghetti, or as an appetizer on their own. Best seafood recipe.
- 200 g raw scallops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or paste
- 2-3 leaves of wild garlic (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 300 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 1/4 packet spaghetti
Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
In a frying pan, heat up one tablespoon of olive oil.
Rinse the scallops under cold water, and pat them dry with kitchen towel.
Arrange the scallops in the frying pan, and leave to fry undisturbed on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly brown on the outside.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Wipe the pan clean if there are brown bits left, then add the remaining olive oil and butter.
Throw in the minced garlic and half of the chopped parsley, plus the chopped wild garlic if you have, and leave to cook for 30 seconds, so that the garlic can release its flavour.
Add the cream and scallops, and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes until the cream thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once the spaghetti are cooked, drain, and serve with the creamy scallop sauce and extra chopped parsley.
- If you'd like to see the measurements in CUPS and OUNCES, please click on the US CUSTOMARY link.
- The amount of ingredients can be adjusted according to the number of servings you need, please click on the number of servings to change it.