Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Mushroom in Creamy Mushroom Sauce, a delicious dish that takes comfort food to a whole new level. Super easy to make, big on flavours, and a favourite with little and big tummies. A great family dinner recipe.
The magic of a slow cooker
My easy slow cooker recipes adventure continues. After my slow cooker chicken soup, which my girls absolutely loves (we and are talking about fussy kids here), now there's a big favourite of mine: the one and only slow cooker mushroom chicken.
Served with the creamiest, fluffiest, best mashed potatoes in the world and a finger-licking delicious creamy parmesan mushroom sauce, this mushroom chicken is one dish of a kind.
It's comforting (great for this miserable January weather), it's a complete meal (carbs, protein, vegetables in one dish & ONE POT), and you need not worry about slaving away for hours in the kitchen.
How great is that, all you have to do is dump the ingredients in the crock pot (slow cooker), and hours later you have your dinner ready. Another creamy chicken recipe that could be cooked in the slow cooker is Creamy Lemon Chicken.
Ingredients needed to make chicken and mushroom in the slow cooker
- chicken breasts - best if they are of similar size so they can cook through at the same time
- mushrooms - sliced, can be any other mushrooms
- chicken stock (broth) - or any other broth
- double cream - or heavy cream
- cornflour - or corn starch
- dried thyme - or fresh one if you have
- fresh parsley
Step-by-step photos and instructions
- All you have to do is add the whole chicken breasts to the slow cooker together with stock, sliced mushrooms, thyme and garlic and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take is out, then add the double cream( WHICH MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, otherwise it curdles), parmesan and cornflour (corn starch) and more garlic, if you wish, and leave to cook for about 5-10 minutes so the sauce can thicken.
- Return the chicken to the crock pot, and that's it, your perfectly cooked slow cooker mushroom chicken is ready.
Isn't it easy? Absolutely delicious, minimal prep, a family-favourite recipe any time of the year!
Now, depending on how quickly or not you want your creamy mushroom chicken ready, this dish is cooked in about 3 hours on high, and about 5 on slow. What I absolutely love about slow cooking is not only the idea of not having to do much, but also the fact the meat is cooked to perfection.
This chicken is absolutely delicious, tender, juicy, flavourful. And it's the same brand I buy regularly, yet it's never been as tasty as now when I use the slow cooker.
Other slow cooker recipes
If you’ve tried this SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Mushroom
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chicken stock (broth)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup double cream (heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 3 teaspoon cornflour (corn starch)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker, and add the chicken stock, chopped garlic, thyme and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or 3 hours on high.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken breasts, add the parmesan, double cream and cornflour (which is mixed with 2 tablespoons of water), and cook for 5-10 minutes longer on high, until it thickens into a sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker, and garnish with fresh parsley.