Easy Tiramisu Recipe, my take on the classic Italian dessert, but with no alcohol and no raw eggs added to the filling. This no-bake dessert is so indulgent and heavenly rich, made with those layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and silky mascarpone filling. It's a must-have dessert for any party or celebration.
What is Tiramisu
Tiramisu is a famous no-bake Italian dessert that has become very popular all over the world. There are many varieties out there, but it is mainly made from lady or sponge fingers dipped in coffee, mascarpone or heavy cream/whipping cream, eggs and a touch of rum.
It is heavenly flavourful and at its best served chilled from the fridge. I find that the cake tastes even better the following day l make it, as the flavours are even more intense.
It is a posh dessert, so it can definitely be a winner if you serve it at a very special occasion. Why not have a super easy Tiramisu recipe without alcohol and raw eggs, and you get the perfect treat every single time. In this way you cater for people you do not drink alcohol, and people who avoid raw eggs.
I am not a coffee lover, yet l just love the subtle taste of coffee, its bitterness makes a lovely combination with the sweetness of the cream.
- lady/sponge fingers - they can be found in the baking section on most big supermarkets
- mascarpone cheese
- whipping cream - or double/heavy cream
- icing sugar - or powdered sugar
- instant coffee - smooth, rather than granules
- vanilla extract - adds more flavour, but it can be left out if you wish
- cocoa powder - for sprinkling over the tiramisu
- boiling water - for the coffee
Step-by-step instructions and photos
- add the expresso coffee to a cup of boiling water, give it a stir, then leave to cool down completely
- add the cream to a large bowl, and use a hand mixer to beat everything until it holds stiff peaks
- add the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar, and mix again (see photo 3)
- line a baking tray or large dessert plate with non-stick paper
- quickly dip each sponge finger in the cold coffee, then arrange each of them in one layer
- spread half of the cream over, and sprinkle with cocoa powder
- arrange the rest of the sponge fingers, and repeat with cream and cocoa powder
- refrigerate for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight
It's such an easy recipe, and apart from cooling the coffee, it can be ready in 10 minutes only! Festive season, Valentine's Day, birthdays or any other celebrations, this tiramisu is perfect for them all!
Make sure you don't dip the sponge fingers for too long in the coffee, otherwise they turn soggy and break up easily before arranging them onto the tray/plate.
Also, it is crucial to allow the coffee to cool down completely before using it, otherwise it will turn the cream into a proper mess.
Leave the tiramisu to chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, ideally overnight, the cooler, then tastier.
If you like desserts with sponge fingers, how about my CHARLOTTE CAKE? No bake too, and as delicious!
If you’ve tried my EASY TIRAMISU RECIPE or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Easy Tiramisu Recipe ( No Alcohol)
- 2 packets lady/sponge fingers (125 g each packet)
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 300 ml whipping cream
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pour boiled water into a wide bowl and add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee. Stir and then leave the coffee to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar, and beat again.
- Dip each lady/sponge finger one by one into the coffee for 1 second, making sure it's soaked, but not soggy. We want them to hold their shape.
- Arrange the sponge fingers on a plate, then have a layer of the cream mixture, sprinkle half of the cocoa powder, another layer of sponge fingers, and repeat until all the ingredients have been used, but make sure the top has the cream on.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
- Chill in the fridge for a few good hours, ideally overnight.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.
- Make sure you don't dip the sponge fingers for too long in the coffee, otherwise they turn soggy and break up easily before arranging them onto the tray/plate.
- Also, it is crucial to allow the coffee to cool down completely before using it, otherwise it will turn the cream into a proper mess.
- Leave the tiramisu to chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, ideally overnight, the cooler, then tastier.