Vegan Black Bean Burger
Vegan Black Bean Burger, the best meat-free burger recipe that can be ready in well under 30 minutes. Low-calorie, high-protein, highly nutritious, and absolutely delicious, these bean burgers are so easy to make, you'll love them for sure!
Servings: 3 burgers
- 1 tin black beans (400 g)
- 1 red pepper
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for frying
Drain the liquid from the can of beans, then give a quick rinse and add them to a bowl together with the rest of the ingredients (except for oil).
Blend everything together until you get a rough paste, then form 3 patties, and let them chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes so they can firm up.
Add the oil to a pan or grill pan, and fry the burgers on both sides for about 2 minutes or so until lightly brown.
Serve between a burger bun with tomatoes and salad of your choice.
- Since we can't use eggs to bind them together, we need to add some veggies to the burgers. The veggies will have enough moisture to keep them together.
- Also, it's super important to blend the mixture well, the smoother the paste, the better the burgers hold their shape.
- Now, the texture of the burgers is nothing like the one of a regular meat burger. Although the burgers firm up and hold a nice shape, they are pretty soft when you have a bite, so not to be worried about that.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 54.3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.4mg