Pan-Fried Dumplings (Chinese Potstickers)
Pan-Fried Dumplings, or Chinese Potstickers made with wonton wrappers and a filling of shrimp/prawns and pork, and a kick of garlic, spring onions and ginger. They are the best dim sums/appetizers for every party, and can be ready in about 15-20 minutes. Why not try them this Chinese New Year?
Servings: 30 dumplings
For the dumplings
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 100 g ground pork
- 100 g shrimp/prawns
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil to fry
- ½ cup water to steam
To make the dumplings, mix all the ingredients together.
Get a wrapper, brush its edges with water, then add about a teaspoon of the filling, making sure you don't overfill.
Fold the wrapper in half, then make a pleat in the top part of the wrapper, pinching it against the flat edge of the wrapper at the back.
Make a few more pleats on the right side of the wrapper, then pleat on the other side now.
Repeat with the rest of the wrappers, until the filling is used up.
Heat up the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, add the dumplings, making sure you don't overcrowd the pan.
Fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottom of the dumplings is golden brown and crispy, then add the water, place the lid on, and leave the dumplings to steam for about 5 minutes until the water is evaporated and the dumplings are cooked through.
To make the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients together, then stir.
Serve the dumplings hot.
- If you'd like to see the ingredients listed in cups and ounces, please check the US Customary Link.
- Also, the amount of ingredients changes depending on the servings, so click on the number listed to change it to the number you prefer.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 22mg | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg