Potato and Egg Salad
Potato and Egg Salad or Deviled Egg Potato Salad with mustard, cider vinegar, mayo, dill and spring onions, a recipe to please a crowd. A great choice for a BBQ side, picnic, or any occasion. Easy to put together, gone from the plate in seconds.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 kg baby potatoes (2 lb)
- 3 eggs
- 2 spring onions
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Place the potatoes and eggs in a large pan and cover with plenty of cold water.
Add some salt to the water and boil on a medium to high heat for 5-6 minutes until the eggs are cooked, then remove them and continue to boil the potatoes until tender - this might take about 30-40 minutes depending on size of the potatoes.
Drain the water and leave them to cool.
Peel and chop the potatoes.
Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the potatoes.
Add the mayo, chopped spring onions, cider vinegar, dill, mustard, salt and pepper, and mix everything very well.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Now, there are two ways of cooking the potatoes: either boil them in their skin, or peel them off, cube them, and then boil them.
- If you go by the first method, the cooking time is a bit longer. But it's the way I highly recommend. When you boil the potatoes in their skin, they are less breakable and mushy, and can hold their shape better in the salad.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 609mg | Potassium: 1499mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 4mg