Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Stew
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Stew with beans and spinach, a healthy Fall dish. Warm, comforting and filling, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan friendly, this dish is so easy to make, and perfect with the whole family.
Servings: 2 people
- ½ medium butternut squash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby spinach
- 1 can beans (400 g)
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
Peel and cube the butternut squash and sweet potatoes.
Roughly chop the onion, heat up the oil in a pan and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
Add the butternut squash and sweet potatoes, cover with vegetable stock and leave to cook until they are tender.
Add the cooked beans and spinach, followed by the tomato purée.
Give it a good stir, season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- To see the measurements in cups and ounces, please click on the US CUSTOMARY link.
- The amount of ingredients listed can be adjusted depending on the number of servings you need, just click on the number next to SERVINGS.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1699mg | Potassium: 1365mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 40835IU | Vitamin C: 54.7mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 3.1mg