Snowman Cupcakes, the best Christmas cupcakes for kids and grown-ups alike. Moist and fluffy coconut cupcakes made from scratch, topped with a delicious coconut cream cheese icing, and decorated with chocolate chips and orange peel for a festive touch. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and gone from the plate in seconds.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 100 g butter (soften)
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoon full-fat milk
- 100 g desiccated coconut
For the cream cheese icing
- 100 g cream cheese
- 25 g butter, soften
- 100 g icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 50 g dessicated coconut
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth, then add the eggs one by one.
Sift in the flour, then fold in the coconut and milk.
Gently mix so that you can get a smooth consistency.
Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases, and spoon the mixture in evenly, about ⅔ full.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
Allow to cool completely.
To make the icing, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar.
Once the cupcakes have cooled down, use a teaspoon to spread the icing over each cupcake.
Sprinkle desiccated coconut generously on the cupcakes, so that they are fully covered.
Use chocolate chips and small pieces of orange peel to decorate.
- Click on the US Customary link to see the measurements displayed in cups and ounces.
- The servings can be adjusted by clicking the number next to Servings.
- There is little that could go wrong with this recipe. The main piece of advice would be, as with any other cupcake, to make sure the sponges are cooled before topping them with icing, otherwise the icing will melt, and the cupcakes will be a big mess.
- There is no need to refrigerate the cupcakes once they are decorated. I chose to use half the amount of desiccated coconut for the icing, and sprinkle the rest over to resemble snow flakes. It's so much more festive, even if the coconut tends to be quite messy this way.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.5mg