Honey Banana Bread
Healthy Honey Banana Bread with wholemeal (whole wheat flour) a beautifully moist and delicious dessert for kids and grown-ups alike. The banana bread has no refined sugar added, its sweetness coming from the ripe bananas and honey. Quick, super easy to make, this is a real treat no matter what time of the day. Why not add it to your afternoon tea party menu It goes down a treat every single time.
Servings: 1 bread
- ½ cup wholemeal flour ( whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 well ripen bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
In a bowl, sift the flours, add the bicarb of soda and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, add the milk, honey, oil and vanilla extract.
Use a fork to mash the bananas, then add them to the egg mixture.
Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
Grease and flour a load tin, then pour the batter in.
Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean (I placed the tin on the middle rack in the oven after 20 minutes, to avoid the top from browning too quickly.
- I used half white flour, half wholemeal flour: you can either use white only, or wholemeal only - it's up to you
- vegetable oil can be replaced with coconut oil or olive oil; or, why not, butter
- walnuts can be added too, or almonds or any other nuts of your choice for a nice crunch
- regular milk can be swapped for soy milk or any other plant-based milk
- other ingredients that can be added: raisins, dates, chopped dried apricots or any other dried fruit
Calories: 1297kcal | Carbohydrates: 216g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 330mg | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 1341mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 101g | Vitamin A: 684IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 5mg