This delicious pasta salad with salmon makes a lovely light meal. Whether you enjoy it at home or on your lunch break at work, or just have a quick dinner, it will keep you full and happy for the rest of the afternoon or night. Oh, did l mention that is very healthy too? Why buy ready-made salads, when you can prepare it at home in no time. Easy to store and you can keep some in the fridge for later too. Yum!
Salmon is my favourite fish, it tastes less “fishy” than other types of fish, it is highly nutritious and an excellent source of omega 3. And then I love rocket salad, or arugula, it goes so well with the tomato and salmon. The dressing is light and sharp, enhancing the flavours. All in all, this is a very tasty salad and definitely on top of my favourite salads ever. Do give it a try!
Pasta salad with salmon
- 1/4 packet of pasta
- 1 salmon fillet
- rocket salad (arugula)
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pan of salty water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the pasta, then set aside and leave it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Wrap the salmon in kitchen foil and place it on a tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and toss in the rocket salad, chopped tomato and flaked salmon.
- To make the dressing, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix well to coat evenly.