No-Bake Mini Sweet Potato Cheesecakes with cream cheese, and the very best spice of the Fall: cinnamon. Delightfully light and indulgent, these pretty little pots of yumminess will be the star of your Thanksgiving dinner. Or just make every day special by having a special dessert that is so embarrassingly easy to make.
And since pumpkin is the very king of the Autumn baking, it was only fair that sweet potatoes were used in baking too. I did actually use them previously in my Pumpkin and Sweet Potato squares, but did not think they would work so well in a cheesecake too. Well, they so do!!!
I find that the sweet potatoes are the very best substitute for pumpkin in most recipes. And, unlike pumpkin, sweet potatoes are available all year round. Hooray to that! Although, of course, when it comes to Halloween and carving pumpkins, then, yes, sweet potatoes can’t be used. But, other than that, go ahead and tweak any recipe, and you’d be surprised how well they work.
Cinnamon in sweet potato cheesecake
I don’t know if it’s just me, but I could easily use cinnamon in everything. From desserts, to drinks, to main dishes, snacks, anything that’s edible. It just tastes so divine, that is hard to resist it.
And healthy too, by the look of things, as it has been used since ancient ages for its medicial value. Apparently it can also help with weight loss. But that’s not to say you can eat desserts containing cinnamon all day long, as I doubt you’d get the results you are after.
Anyway, this powerful spice really is the very best thing you can get. And there is no wonder why it’s the favourite spice in so many dishes. This cheesecake, for example, would be so boring without it. And it makes a fine pair with the sweet potatoes, they certainly are made for each other. Love is everywhere, isn’t it?
HOW TO MAKE MINI SWEET POTARO CHEESECAKES
I don’t mind boiled sweet potatoes, but baked ones are absolutely delicious. I highly recommend baking the, if you want to use them in desserts, the are not as watery, and their natural sweetness comes out even better. To make the no-bake mini cheesecakes:
- either throw the crackers/digestives into a food processor or in a bag to be bashed with a rolling pin until you can fine crumbs
- melt the chocolate and mix it with the crumbed crackers, we need to use butter, since the melted chocolate binds the crumbs together
- divide the mixture evenly between 4 rameskins and leave to cool
- in a large bowl, beat the cream and cheese cream together until they hold stiff peaks
- add the sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon, plus the pureed sweet potatoes and mix everything well
Note! You can also use pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon, it’s up to you. Also, more sugar can be added if not sweet enough, I prefer the cheesecake less sweet, but again, it’s a personal preference.
If you’ve liked my NO-BAKE SWEET POTATO CHEESECAKES or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
- 300 ml thick double cream/heavy cream
- 150 g full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cooked medium sweet potato (baked or boiled)
- 6 digestive biscuits/Graham crackers
- 150 g milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to bash them into fine crumbs. Alternatively, throw them into a food processor and blitz to crumbs.
Add the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl melt over a pan of simmering water. Mix the melted chocolate with the biscuits.
Divide the mixture between 4 pots or rameskins, use a spoon to gently press the mixture down, and refrigerate.
Place the cream cheese and thick double cream into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat everything well until it forms stiff peaks.
Reserve a quarter of the mixture for decorating.
Peel and mash the sweet potato, then add it to the cream together with the cinnamon, vanilla sugar and vanilla extract.
Divide the cream cheese between the 4 rameskins and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
Place the remaining cream into a piping bag and decorate each mini cheesecake.
Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top.
- To see the measurements in cups and ounces, please click on the US CUSTOMARY link.
- The amount of ingredients listed can be adjusted depending on the number of servings you need, just click on the number next to SERVINGS.