Just a few days left to Christmas, the merriest time of the year. These are the happiest moments to spend with your loved ones, so let’s make the most of it wih these easy Christmas treats that your little ones will adore. And the big ones too! Gingerbread Men, Snowman Cupcakes, Reindeer Cupcakes, Iced Sugar Cookies, Linzer Cookies, Thumbprint Cookies, Red Velvet Cupcakes and Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies – what a joy!
I am sure most people whould have already decorated the Christmas tree, and maybe some have already finished their Christmas shopping. If with the decorating I was pretty quick this year again, not the same can be said about the shopping bit. I am yet to buy presents for everyone. I better hurry up!
Some schools may already be on the Christmas break, others will have their last classes this week. A well deserved break for the little ones, who I am sure will be more than happy to help with some yummy baking. It’s fun, it keeps them entertained, and it tastes better knowing that little hands helped.
It’s hard to choose a favourite out of all these delicious and easy Csweet treats, although I would probably first go for the Gingerbread Men, I absolutely love the earthy ginger flavour. But then, those mind-blowing buttercreams are not to be missed either. Do give them a go!
DELICIOUS AND EASY CHRISTMAS TREATS
- Best Gingerbread Men Recipe – super easy to make, and super delicious, little ones will have fun cutting gingerbread men shapes. The dough is very easy to work with, and it does not stick to the hands at all. They only need about 8 minutes in the oven, and ta-daaah, some seriously nice gingerbread men for all to enjoy.
- Christmas Iced Sugar Cookies – the second best loved cookies with my family after the gingerbread men. These star-shaped sweet treats go wonderfully well with a nice cup of hot chocolate. The icing is made with only 3 ingredients, and it hardly requires any effort. With or without the sprinkles, these cookies are just perfect.
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies – for me, oranges and cranberries make the best combo, and these cookies taste like heaven. Rich, buttery, soft, they can be made in any other shape, they do not need to be round. Who can possibly resist having one too many?
- Gingersnap Cookies – crunchy and flavourful, these cookies have the same earthy touch as the gingerbread men. The ginger flavour brings heat, but is not too sharp. Taken out of the oven, the cookies are soft and chewey, but once they cool down, they harden, and you can get that snap and a good crunch. Worth a try!
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Linzer Cookies – with a hint of lemon and vanilla, so soft and full of flavour. Super easy to make, the kids will love cutting the round shapes and putting the cookies together. I must warn you, one batch will not be enough!
- Moist red velvet cupcakes recipe with vanilla buttercream – a rich and luxurious dessert for those special days. The kids will love helping decorate the cupcakes. I bet the buttercream will disappear in seconds.
- Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies – Shortbread thumbprint cookies filled with quince jam and sprinkled with vanilla sugar, so soft and tasty. Grab some now, before the cookie monster eats them up!
- Snowman Cupcakes – Snowman cupcakes with coconut and chocolate chips, the best festive sweet treats for kids and grown-ups alike. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and gone from the plate in seconds.
If you’ve liked my EASY CHRISTMAS TREATS or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.