A simple, yet nutritious recipe, this cod loin with vegetables in oven will make a supper to suit all tastes. Summer is fast approaching, and as it happens, we all want to welcome it with a few kilos less, ideally. Oh, and of course, some tonned abs and legs. Oh, well, even if that might not happen, at least we get to enjoy a delicious meal. Fish is always a treat, no matter how it is cooked. However, l do prefer it baked in the oven rather than fried, especially that the cooking time is not that much longer if you choose the oven.
A colourful plate with lots of vegetables to choose from, roasted broccoli, sweet red peppers, carrots and tomatoes with a hint of garlic and spring onions. You may add some chilli too, if you like a bit of adventure. Such a beautiful dish, loaded with essential vitamins and minerals, and, most importantly, that powerful omega 3 everyone’s talking about. If you visited my blog before, you would certainly know about my rambling that salmon is my favourite fish. And it is indeed. Check out my recipes: Smoked salmon pâté with cream cheese, Smoked salmon party canapés or Chilli lemon salmon.Today, however, l decided to try something different, just to bring a nice change. Cod is a nice fish, my mum cooks it quite often, but she prefers to coat it with cornmeal, season it well and then fry it. Then the fish is served with hot polenta and a garlic sauce. Now, that’s a tasty meal. Mum’s food is the best! Do give my recipe a try too, it’s healthy, light and delicious.
Cod loin with vegetables
- 1 piece of cod loin
- 1 broccoli
- 3 carrots
- 1 sweet red pepper
- a handful of plum tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the carrots, cut the sweet red pepper in strips.
- Cut the broccoli into smallish florets.
- Line kitcken foil on a baking tray and oil it lightly.
- Arrange the vegetables on the baking tray, then chop the spring onions and garlic cloves and add them too.
- Place the cod loin in the middle of the vegetables, season well with salt and pepper, and drizzle some olive oil over the fish and veggies.
- Cover with kitcken foil and bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes.
- Now you can also add the plum tomatoes and bake for a further 15 minutes. The vegetables will be tender, but the broccoli might still have a bit of crunch, which l love. If you prefer the broccoli tender, you may pre-boil them for 10 minutes before adding them to the tray.
- Transfer everything to a plate and serve hot with freshly squeeed lemon juice.