Juicy turkey burgers with mozzarella cheese; get the grill going, this is one recipe you have to try! Serve them with my French fries with coarse sea salt for the ultimate burger experience.
When it comes about food on a night out, burgers must be one of the first choices. And there are some awesome burgers out there. MacDonalds/KFC etc fans might take this to their heart, but honestly, those are not burgers. Not proper ones, at least, not by my standards anyway. So why not make some proper tasty burgers at home? It costs a lot less than you would spend at a good restaurant and they are just as good. I know that the beef burgers are the nation’s favourite, l love them myself, but these turkey burgers are absolutely fantastic.
Using mozzarella cheese is what really gives them at wow factor, l love the sizzling sound when they are grilling. Anything goes with them, salad, tomatoes, onions, pickles, cucumbers, you name it. I used some sweet chilli sauce with mine and l loved them! Feel free to use ketchup too or any other sauce you like.
Juicy turkey burgers with mozzarella cheese
Ingredients: (make 6 burgers)
- 500 g turkey mince
- 150 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey mince with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Add the oil, paprika, dried basil, chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well and shape 6 burgers.
- Oil a grill pan lightly, then heat it up.
- Grill the burgers on both sides until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Make sure there is no pink meat in the burgers.
- Serve with burger buns, a few slices of tomatoes, smoked cheese and chilli sauce.