Strawberry white chocolate chia seed pudding with a coconut almond flavour, a super healthy breakfast with just a dash of naughtiness. So indulgent, you can always have it as a dessert too.
Right, l’ve got a confession to make, it was the first time l tried chia seed pudding. I know, what planet am l coming from? Having read about the benefits of the chia seeds, l decided to give this pudding a go. I have always loved puddings of all sorts, including my oh-so-gorgeous semolina pudding or rice pudding.
But this chia seed pudding is something else, it’s like starting your day in the most fashionable style. You can completely skip the white chocolate part, if you’d rather stay away from sweet temptations, but you know what? Researches have shown that it is best to consume rich foods in the morning, since the body can burn calories a lot faster than later on in the day, when the system starts to slow down. So, go ahead, treat yourself!
If you have any other fresh or canned fruit, that’s also brilliant, l used fresh strawberries because they are at their best now and can’t have enough of them. Even my little one adores them, l cut small pieces for her and she grabs them with both hands and eats up in seconds. That’s mummy’s girl!!!
Strawberry white chocolate chia seed pudding
- 1 cup coconut almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- 50 ml double cream
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut almond milk, Greek yogurt and chia seeds.
- Give it a good stir, mash half a cup of strawberries and add to the mixture.
- Whisk well until all combined, then leave to set for half an hour.
- Give it another good stir, cover well (a tupperware is just perfect) and refridgerate overnight. If making it during the day, make sure it chills for at least 4 hours.
- Add the double cream and white chocolate chips to a pan and set it on a low heat.
- Stir for 2 minutes until the chocolate melts.
- Set aside and leave to cool.
- In a glas, arrange one layer of white chocolate, one layer of chia seed pudding, and another layer of white chocolate.
- Top with chopped strawberries.