Chicken schnitzel for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Absolutely! There is no easier and quicker way to cook chicken than this gorgeous recipe and it just goes down a treat. Golden and crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside, it hardly needs any seasoning and it tastes beautifully. In a rush in the morning? Just grab two slices of toast and a chicken schnitzel, and you are good to go. For lunch or dinner you can get as creative as you want, it goes nicely with any salad, vegetable, mashed potatoes, rice, or pulses. I love to have it with garlic sauce, but anything else would do.
My mum loves schnitzels, especially chicken and pork, and she makes them really often. And why not? When you don’t have time on your hands, a quick and easy recipe is all you need. And once you make it once, you will never go back to those fast-foods to buy chicken meals. Your home-made schnitzel is way healthier and you know it has 100% chicken meat and nothing else. And kids will just love them. And will also be very excited about giving a helping hand with preparing them, as it can be quite fun. The chicken schnitzel is a great alternative to the good old Chicken kiev. Do give this recipe a try!
The ultimate chicken schnitzel
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- Place the chicken breasts on the work surface and bash them with a meat tenderiser. We need them as flat as possible, the thinner the slices, the better. It also reduces the cooking time, as they are perfectly cooked really quickly. I used organic chicken breasts, but any good-quality chicken breasts would do.
- Next, we need 2 large plates. On one plate we have plain flour, on the other breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg lightly using a fork, then season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Coat the chicken slices in flour, then dip in the egg mixture and in the end toss them well in breadcrumbs.
- Heat up the frying pan and add the sunflower oil.
- Fry the chicken schnitzels on both sides for about 2 minutes on each side until golden, then remove from the pan and place on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot or cold with any sauce.