Poached eggs and avocado on toast must be the healthiest way to start your day. This breakfast barely requires any effort, it has all the nutrients the body needs to work well and above all, it is super delicious. Not quite conviced yet?
Avocados are considered one of the world’s heathiest foods, and rightly so. Although they have a high fat content, it is the good kind of fat, or the monounsaturated fat that the heart loves and asks for a second portion. The proven benefits of eating avocados are countless, but just to name a few are cancer prevention, healthier heart, lower cholesterol, diabetes prevention and so on. So do eat avocados as often as you can. Just make sure they are fully ripe though.
Eggs are as well considered super healthy. High in protein, essential vitamins and minerals, eggs are wrongly thought to raise the cholesterol level in the blood. Studies have showed that actually the eggs do not affect the cholesterol in the blood.
For the ultimate healthy breakfast, swap the white bread for wholegrain bread. Eating healthy has never been easier. No more skipping breakfast when this can be ready in 5 minutes.
Poached eggs and avocado on toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- a pinch fine sea salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of paprika
- a tbsp grated Chedda cheese
- a tsp chopped parsley
- Bring a pan of salty water to the boil.
- Crack the eggs and gently slide them into the water, one at a time.
- Poach of 3 minutes, l like the egg yolk to be runny, but otherwise leave them to poach for longer.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Cut the avocado in half and use a teaspoon to scoop the flesh out.
- Chop it then add it on top of the toast.
- Best to use a spatula to remove the poached eggs from the water.
- Top the toast with the eggs and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Scatter grated Cheddar cheese over the eggs and decorate with chopped parsley.