World’s best omelette, for a healthy and happy start of your day 🙂
I might be able to skip lunch or dinner, but l can’t possibly start my day without breakfast. I’m like an engine that does not work without fuel. An omelette is filling and gives you the energy you need to get going. This recipe makes 1 big portion, in case you are really hungry ?
Omelettes are so easy to make and only require a few unexpensive ingredients, but, of course, you can adapt this recipe to your own taste and use other ingredients too like bacon, for a more filling and meaty version, mushrooms, tomatoes or just plain omelette if you like. Also, some people like egg white omelettes only, in which case you separate the yolk from the white and follow the same simple steps. The idea is that whatever you add, it has to be added only after the omelette is ready on one site, otherwise you will not be able to flip the omelette on the other side easily. Do take extra care when you transfer the omelette from the pan to the plate, you do not want the omelette on the floor 🙂
World’s best omelette
- 3 large eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- a few leaves of fresh baby spinach and watercress
- dill to taste
- 2 spring onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Cut the spring onion, dill, red pepper and spinach leaves.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan.
- Beat the eggs with a fork and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the mixture to the pan and spread it out evenly. When it starts to firm up, but still has a bit of raw on top, grate some cheese and also add the dill, spring onions and red pepper.
- Using a spatula, ease the edges and quickly turn it over.
- The other side will cook a lot quicker.
- When it is done, place a large plate on top of the pan and flip the omelette as fast as you can.
- Season with freshly chopped dill.
- Enjoy! ?