Indulgent chocolate brownies with walnuts, a lovely treat any time of the day
Hard to believe that we will be saying goodbye to 2015 in only 2 days. This year has gone way too quickly, and so had the previous one and the one before. Sometimes l wish l were a child again so l don’t have the notion of time, no rush, no worries… Looking back though, this year has been a good one and l hope 2016 will be as good.
If you are getting ready for the New Year party and are planning to bake some yummy stuff, I have the perfect dessert: indulgent chocolate brownies with walnuts. They will definitely be everybody’s favourite: rich, chocolatey, crunchy, all in all, sheer goodness. The original recipe called for 250 g sugar, but it seemed too much to me, so I cut down to 100 g and they are perfect. So always trust your instincts, even in the kitchen 🙂
These chocolate brownies go amazingly well with a cup of hot chocolate. Yum!
Indulgent chocolate brownies with walnuts
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75 g plain flour
- 50 g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and cut the butter into cubes, then add them to a heat-proof bowl and melt them over a pan of simmering water.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and sugar and mix well until you get a creamy texture.
- Pour over the chocolate mixture and fold in.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Chop the walnuts and add them to the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Grease and flour a square cake tin, then pour in the mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- To test if it is ready, insert a skewer in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Cool completely in the tin then cut into squares or the desired shape.
- Dust with icing sugar.