Stuffed aubergines, a light meal that needs no introduction. Easy to make, and so delicious.
Vegetarian dishes are far from being plain or boring, although meat lovers can easily transform these stuffed aubergines by adding chicken, beef or lamb mince, as well as bacon.
With or without meat, stuffed aubergines look sophisticated and tempting. Easy to prepare and easy to impress your guests. And super delicious and healthy.
- 3 aubergines
- 1 courgette
- 1 large onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- a handful of black olives
- cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- tabasco (optional)
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways and use a knife to cut a border inside each aubergine about 1 cm thick. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon.
- Place the aubergines on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the aubergine flesh, courgette and red bell pepper into small cubes.
- In pan, fry the onions in vegetable oil until soft, then add the vegetables and cook until soft.
- Slice the black olives and add them to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the aubergines and pop them in the oven at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
- Beat the egg lightly then add paprika and mix well.
- After 40 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and top the aubergines with grated parmesan cheese and the egg mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with parsley and season with black pepper and tabasco.