Chilli lemon salmon is a great dish when you fancy something light, healthy and quick.
I love fish. Not only because of its countless health benefits, but also because of its great taste. Easy to cook, you get your meal ready very quickly. And salmon is by far my favourite type of fish. For a chilli kick, l used red chilli pepper and squeezed half of a lemon to give it a sharp taste, and the flavours marry so well. The addition of dill gives a great final touch. There is no happier combination than lemon, dill and salmon. You could, of course, not use them together, but then you would miss such a divine taste. You can serve it with any salad or pulses, potatoes would also be great.
Chilli lemon salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 small spring onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line a tray with aluminium foil and place the salmon skin-side down.
- Cut the spring onion and deseed the red chilli, then chop it roughly.
- Top the salon with onions and chilli.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate serve and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Chop fresh dill and garnish the salmon.