Red velvet cheesecake swirl brownies, rich and decadent, these are brownies taken to a whole new level.
After my Red velvet cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, l simply fell in love with the intense red food colouring and l really had to use it again in another dessert. I had brownies on my to-do list for quite some time, until l decided that the wait had to be over. And what a better choice than brownies, everybody loves them. Hard to say no to chocolate or anything that’s got chocolate in it, right? The cream cheese brings richness and a splash of white colour, making them even more appealing to one’s tastebuds.
I think l’m going a bit too excited about baking these days, it must be the festive season, but we are allowed to overindulge in December, let the guilt for the New Year when cutting down on sweets and fatty foods seems to be a universal resolution. Yup, January is a long month. Luckily February brings Valentine’s Day, when we have yet another reason to go back to the guilty pleasure called chocolate. Not that we need any reason to bake. If you are looking for a ‘normal’ brownies recipe, why not have a look at my Vegan chocolate brownie cake with walnuts or Indulgent chocolate brownies with walnuts, they are scrumptious.
Red velvet cheesecake swirl brownies
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp red food colouring, paste
- 200 g soft cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into small cubes, add it to a pan together with the chocolate broken into pieces.
- Melt them over a low heat, give a good stir so that the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder, red food colouring and the chocolate mixture.
- Oil and flour a square baking tray that has 20X20cm
- Spread the mixture evenly into the baking tray.Mix together the cream cheese, egg yolk and vanilla extraxt, and throw dollops on top of the brownie mixture, then use a knife to swirl it around.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 25 minutes.