19 February, 2016
Easy potato salad
Easy potato salad with Apetina cheese, eggs, yogurt, spring onions and dill, such a fantastic combination.
If you are looking for a healthy, filling and tasty salad, l have exactly what you need. No nasty ingredients, l promise! Rather than having the potatoes drenched in heavy mayonnaise and cheese sauces, add natural yogurt and you’ll be surprised how the humble potato is transformed into a dish everybody will eat up and ask for more. Eggs and potatoes form such a happy marriage, you can never go wrong with them. You can serve this salad as a starter or as a side dish with cooked salmon or chicken. My Chilli lemon salmon recipe would be perfect here. Yum!
Easy potato salad
- 500 g baby potatoes
- 200 g Apetina cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- dill to taste
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with plenty of water. I prefer to boil the potatoes in their skin especially for salads, as they don’t become mushy even when they are tender.
- Add some salt to the water and boil on a medium to high heat until tender.
- In a separate pan, boil the eggs for at least 15 minutes until hard. You can also boil the eggs in the same pan with the potatoes, if you wish.
- Drain the water and leave them to cool completely.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half, the eggs can be either sliced or cubed.
- Cut the Apetina cheese into small cubes.
- Transfer them all to a large bowl.
- Chop the spring onions and dill and add them to the potatoes and eggs.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over.
- Add the natural yogurt and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.