Sides

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

Are you looking for the perfect roasted potatoes to go with that fine succulent steak? Look no further, here I have the recipe you need. If you want to take that Sunday roast to a whole new level, you need to follow a few, very easy steps which will guarantee a smashing success. What would big celebration days like Christmas, Easter, New Year be without these gorgeous roasted potatoes?

I love potatoes, and there are endless ways of cooking them at home. Potatoes have been wrongly classified as bad boys because of the reputation take-away fries have. And indeed, those are bad, very very bad for one’s health. My heart aches when I see toddlers in fast-food restaurants given fries drenched in oil and burgers made of  God knows what kind of meat. If one can call that meat. I know that time is precious and it is a lot easier to have a take away and sort the tea really quickly, but I would never ever give my little one that kind of food. Healthy habits are learnt from an early age, as later on it will be really hard to preach a healthy life style to someone who had unhealthy food as a child. And potatoes are healthy if you cook them the right way. For these potatoes, for example, I only used one tablespoon of olive oil, there is really no need for any more than that.

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

Ingredients:

• 500 g potatoes
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • a few springs of rosemary
  • sea salt
  • freshly-ground black pepper
The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

Method:

• Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
  • Bring a large pan of water to boil and add a pinch of salt.
  • Peel and roughly cut the potatoes.
  • Add them to the pan and preboil them for about 5 minutes. The potatoes will be slightly tender, but be careful not to boil them for any longer, as they will get too soft.
  • Drain the water and give them a good shake. This will ensure the potatoes will be nice and crispy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside.
  • Leave them to dry for a few minutes.
  • Place the olive oil on a large roasting tray and heat it in the oven for 2 minutes.
  • Tip in the potatoes and season with salt, black pepper and rosemary.
  • Return to oven and roast for one hour until they are crispy and golden.

Enjoy! 🙂

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

The perfect rosemary roasted potatoes

You Might Also Like

• milliethom
    December 7, 2015 at 10:24 pm

They look like perfect roast potatoes – a lovely, golden colour and nice and crisp.

• milliethom
    December 7, 2015 at 10:33 pm

I’m not sure what’s going on with my laptop at the moment, Daniela. This is the third time I’ve tried to post a comment here! Last time I think I posted a link to my blog. If I did, just ignore it! I just wanted to say how lovely those ‘roasties’ looked. They are nice and crisp and and a wondefrful, golden colour. (I hope this one posts. Lol.) 🙂

• Daniela Apostol
      December 7, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Thank you, Millie. I did get the other comments too, many thanks.

• Tracy
    December 17, 2015 at 11:08 pm

YES. I could eat roast potatoes every meal of the day. These look amazing!

• Daniela Apostol
      December 17, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Thank you very much! I do agree with you, roast potatoes are just lovely and could eat them anytime.

• Ilona @ Ilona's Passion
    April 3, 2016 at 11:35 pm

I love the rosemary in these potatoes. One of my favorite dish!

• Daniela Apostol
      April 4, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Thank you, Ilona! I can never get tired of potatoes 🙂

• tristyn
    June 30, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I’m a little unclear on the rosemary – it doesn’t look, from the photos, like there is chopped rosemary on the potatoes. Do you just strew the sprigs about over them when they go into the oven, and remove after baking?

• Daniela Apostol
      June 30, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Hi Tristyn,

Thank you for your comment. If you use fresh rosemary, you can throw the sprigs between the potatoes while baking and remove after, the flavour is quite strong and the potatoes will get that unique rosemary flavour anyway. If you use dried rosemary, just sprinkle some over the potatoes before popping them in the oven, no need to remove after.

• Sunday roast chicken with carrots, potatoes and peas
    October 13, 2016 at 7:57 pm

[…] a look at my recipe of roasted rosemary potatoes, the carrots can be roasted in the same way. I would use a separate tray and roast the potatoes and […]

• Glazed chicken drumsticks with Brussels sprouts and shallots
    May 3, 2017 at 9:52 pm

[…] they just go so well with the glazed chicken drumsticks. If you are looking for other sides, my rosemary potatoes are the recipe you are looking for. […]

Get the latest posts delivered to your mailbox:

%d bloggers like this: