There is a saying that we eat with out eyes. How true that is! The pretty little canapés are the perfect example. Sophisticated, yet easy to make, they are the very stars of any party. They can be eaten with the fingers, so this is an extra bonus, no cutlery to wash after 🙂 You can be as creative as you like, and use anything you like, the limit is only your own imagination.
If you enjoy throwing big parties over Christmas, New Year or any other celebration, there is no need to spend lots of money on read-made nibbles. They can be so expensive and some not very tasty either. I was having a look at party food in the supermarket yesterday and I was shocked how pricey the party canapés are. Just imagine what a hole in your pockets you will get from only buying canapés.
And another great thing about it is that you will not have to slave away for hours in the kitchen, they are ready in no time. I chose smoked salmon because it is so tasty. If you asked me a few years ago if I would have a bite, I would have said no way I am not having raw fish. I had no idea how I was missing out. Now I so much enjoy it. So let’s get ready!
- 200 g good-quality smoked salmon
- 100 g soft cream cheese
- 8 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Use a round cookie cutter or just a glass to cut the bread slices.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and place the bread slices.
- Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top and season with freshly-ground black pepper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bread slices are crispy.
- Allow to cool, then spread the soft cheese on top of each round.
- Cut the cucumber in fine slices and top the rounds.
- Roll smoked salmon and place over the slices.